News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

I HATE SOCIETY

Started by Slarti, November 21, 2003, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarti

darn that whole hosting thing, people should be fighting over who should have the privelage to give me free hosting.

riff

Say, Slarti, where'd you find that avatar?  I wanna see what Agent Elrond says in his thought bubble.  :)
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

eumaas

B23.77

I never realized that Agent Smith and Elrond are the same actor, or else they're twins.

Cthulhu's Advocate

I don't quite know what to say. But I kind of understand your condition. I can go through periods of massive depression and anger, feeling like pure hell. A lot of things can bring it on. I have pretty fragile emotions, and yes, I cry sometimes. I sometimes want to just die. But Slarti, I try as I can to stay happy and pull through. Maybe it's the antideppressents I'm on, or maybe it's just me. I can go through some serious overloads, and Roger mentioned it as a sort of shell shock of the pineal gland, like from exposure to lots of pain and grey. Anyway you're not alone, man. And you're one of the best minds in my crap generation.
This message brought to you by Cthulhu and the Anti-Greyface Leauge of Maui, Kentucky.

God is a Transvestite chicken.

Cthulhu's Advocate

Okay that was awkward.... By the way I saw Duck soup by the Marx brothers last night. Very funny.
This message brought to you by Cthulhu and the Anti-Greyface Leauge of Maui, Kentucky.

God is a Transvestite chicken.

Cthyga

Discordianism WORKS. Defnilitily. ?íh, really.

It keeps me happy. It makes me laugh. When I'm confronted with greyness it makes me smile.
Also I giggle from times to times.

..Kallisti..

Cthyga

Slarti

you know what i don't like about the world today?

i'm in high school. i'm expected to take tons of classes, gets A's in all of them (to my parents, a B is failing), while simultaneously (starting next summer) have a JOB so i can save up for college. This whole job thing doesn't look good. it doesn't agree with the whole 'laziness' thing.

so then, when i'm out of High School, i have to try to get scholarships and get accepted to college. then i have to go to more classes, and this time i really can't fail cuz i'm paying for it...

then after that, i have to scrounge up a resume and get a job from some asswipe who wants to take my VALUABLE skills while paying me as little as possible. then i have to give the government 1/3 of my paycheck (even though that does pay for nice services like police and roads and stuff).

all the while, i have to fill out PAPERWORK!!!

the point i'm trying to make is, humans aren't meant to live like this!!!!!!!! FILLING OUT PAPERWORK AFTER PAPERWORK!!! OVER AND OVER!! FORMS AND FORMS AND FORMS!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH  :cry:

Cthyga

Who says, you HAVE to do it?
You could become a monk in tibet. Or you could discover something u really, really like. You do it more often and at some point discover u r so good at it, u can earn money with it.
Or, you could mindfuck your parents, for a start. Or just tell them to FUCK OFF.

Do YOU WANT to go to college after all??? Or is it only your parents?
And you don't know the future. Perhaps something will happen.
U could die, your parents could die, you could win lotto, find the love of your live, whatever it is Eris has for you.

DON'T PLAN THE FUTURE.
AND STOP WORRYING, FOR GODDES SAKE.

You never know. NEVER. KNOW. YOU.

ENJOY LIFE!!!!!

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Enjoy life while you can. No one gets out alive!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Anonymous

Ahhrg..
Slarti, I'm in the same boat as you. The stage in every teenagers life when the powers-that-be begin to stress the importance of becoming a "productive memeber of society" by systematically attempting to freak out us young folk with the "responsibility" of our "duties".

Fuck that. Maybe when I get sick of finding new and interesting ways to enjoy myself I'll join everyone else in holding up the pillars of civilization. Until then, thank Eris there are enough greyfaces around to keep to beast running smoothly, so I don't have to.

Sir Lyall

Silly Lyall, logging in is for kids.
mass marketed arcana

Slarti

yeah you guys are right. i think i want to be a sociologist. is there any money in that? or maybe just a psychologist. or a ninja

Guido Finucci

I got over that when I realised that none of them know what they are 'supposed' to be doing either. For most people, the path of least resistance is whatever they were last told to do (by someone else that didn't know what they were 'supposed' to be doing) and they repeat it to themselves often enough that it becomes a self-justifying faux-truth.

One of the common threads that successful people seem to have is that they do stuff 'cause it is what the want to do, not 'cause they were told to.

Now, if I could only figure out what I actaully want to do...

Slarti

i just want to sit around try to figure out stuff.

i guess that's philosophy...