News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Woah! Very glad for you. I had thought that Alty was in Alaska.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 23, 2015, 07:13:47 PM
Woah! Very glad for you. I had thought that Alty was in Alaska.

He moved to Portland some time ago.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 23, 2015, 05:47:56 PM

Hawt.

Alty is hawt, Nigel is hawt. It's all a bit too much to bear thinking about.

I will however grant you both some indulgences so you don't need to worry about the state of your souls when you go Full Freak.

Nast

Congrats Nigel and Alty! You guys really stuck your dick in it!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Tales from Fat Ernies is coming along nicely.  I'm also going to begin revising Life During Wartime for ebooks tomorrow.  Which also means I have to finish it.  It will be a 3 book series, whereas Ernies will be a single large book.

Also, the prices on the work that's already in ebooks stay where they are for another week.  On October 1st,  they go up, because I'll be assuming that everyone who was around when I wrote those books has had a chance to buy them cheap.

Tucson Saturday Night will remain at $0.99.
The Paesors will go from $0.99 to $1.99.
Hell in a Dry Place will go from $0.99 to $2.99.
My Girl Friday will go from $0.99 to $2.99
The Little Orange trilogy will go from $2.99 per book to $4.99 per book

They are located here:

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DokHowl

And can be bought in any format, and what's more, when you buy it in one format, you own it in all formats.  They even have an online reader and library, if you're reading on a phone, etc.

They can also be found on Nook, Kobu, iBooks, Flipkart, etc.  Everywhere, in fact, except Amazon.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks, alla y'all. Things were already good, now they're better. Alty is a foxy minx of a man.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Cain

Cain

Quote from: Meunster on September 23, 2015, 10:00:43 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2015, 09:49:27 PM
OH GOD LIES IS STILL POSTING ON MY FB STATUS

Reminds me, I need to fb stalk you more.

Everyone FB stalks me.  So long as you don't try to hack my account via proxy servers in Taiwan, or arrange a meetup for my freaky Twitter followers, it's all good.

Meunster

Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2015, 10:02:31 PM
Quote from: Meunster on September 23, 2015, 10:00:43 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2015, 09:49:27 PM
OH GOD LIES IS STILL POSTING ON MY FB STATUS

Reminds me, I need to fb stalk you more.

Everyone FB stalks me.  So long as you don't try to hack my account via proxy servers in Taiwan, or arrange a meetup for my freaky Twitter followers, it's all good.

Can I arrange a Cain hate group only bait and switch them at the end for goat.se?
Poe's law ;)