News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on October 14, 2015, 10:15:57 PM
You guys give med advice right?
Ive got a sore on my inner lip and it's hella painful, and my throat as a tingly pain when I swallow. I rince with mouth wash and it goes away for 6 or so hours. Any idea what this could be?

I googled it but webmd just gave me shit like general anxiety,  teething, or herpes.

Canker sores. Zinc and vitamin C are supposed to help with healing; eat better and rest more.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 15, 2015, 06:57:56 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 14, 2015, 10:15:57 PM
You guys give med advice right?
Ive got a sore on my inner lip and it's hella painful, and my throat as a tingly pain when I swallow. I rince with mouth wash and it goes away for 6 or so hours. Any idea what this could be?

I googled it but webmd just gave me shit like general anxiety,  teething, or herpes. 

My guess is someone at your local Burger King didn't think too highly of your opinion of fast food workers and put some herpes in your Whopper.

Ok, maybe that's not my guess but it's certainly my hope.

I think he works at Burger King. Maybe he did it to himself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I need to be on my bicycle on my way to class right now.

Don't. Wanna.

8 am classes are not my jam.

Cainad (dec.)

I found putting an uncoated aspirin on the sore helped.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, all the tests are in, and Jenn has anemia.  Which isn't GOOD, but it's in this case easily treatable.  And it's not something that's fatal or even debilitating.

This is a huge relief, since a defect in the first Ct scan had us all thinking dark thoughts.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Da6s

Just popped the ativan. We are go for lasers.

this means iIl emerge as a transhumanist, ya?
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 15, 2015, 07:07:54 PM
So, all the tests are in, and Jenn has anemia.  Which isn't GOOD, but it's in this case easily treatable.  And it's not something that's fatal or even debilitating.

This is a huge relief, since a defect in the first Ct scan had us all thinking dark thoughts.

Phew!
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Thats really good news, good to hear. Hope she is feeling better soon.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

minuspace

Very reassuring news, thank you for update - good wishes for even quicker recovery!

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 15, 2015, 07:07:54 PM

Oh thank goodness!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on October 15, 2015, 07:36:36 PM
Just popped the ativan. We are go for lasers.

this means iIl emerge as a transhumanist, ya?

Wait, what's happening? Are you getting the Lasiks?