News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

So, this sounds familiar, right?

Started by Cain, October 23, 2013, 10:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

-

LMNO

That sound you're hearing is my mind desperately trying to avoid thinking about this.

Phil Dick was right.  "The Empire Never Ended."

Cain

-

LMNO

What on earth makes them think, "this time, THIS TIME, it won't become a horrible clusterfuck that will follow us back home and completely fuck everything for the next decade!"?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No, no, man... THIS TIME it will be different.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

-

LMNO

Oh, right  :oops:

I did see that Al-Qaeda connection, but more as a direct result of the secret intelligence network, and that it appeared we were going through the same routine again, which would lead to another fiasco, in the same vein as Al-Qaeda.

Telarus

Holyshit Cain. Thanks for this, but @_@
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: - on October 23, 2013, 08:39:16 PM
Uh, I don't know what you're both talking about (Syria?), I was talking about Al-Qaeda.

A couple of the 9/11 hijackers had accounts at Riggs bank, and there are strongly suspected links between the organization and Prince Turki.  Al-Qaeda made money controlling the heroin trade out of Afghanistan.  Al-Qaeda has strong links with several Saudi banks, and obtains extra funds via Islamic charity organizations.  More than a few Al-Qaeda members have credentials with one intelligence agency or another (CIA, ISI, MI6, GID, Egyptian military intel etc etc).

Syria fits some of those characteristics, but the insurgency there, despite a certain international flavour (ohai Chechens and Iraqis) is undoubtedly local in focus and because of the direct support from Saudi intelligence, does not need the international linkages which the private American intelligence network did, and which Al-Qaeda eventually found to be so useful.

They could develop in that way, but Al-Qaeda was uppermost in mind.  Could it be coincidence that the world's first globalised terrorist organization emerged after a globalised private intelligence network, utilising some of the same personnel and techniques?  Sure.  But it's more likely that one copied the other, or was "suggested" to develop in that route.  Maybe as the vanguard of the Pan-Islamist military capability?

:eek:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.