News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

The WHIGs are coming! The WHIGs are coming!

Started by East Coast Hustle, November 09, 2013, 09:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

http://news.yahoo.com/philadelphia-voters-elect-whig-public-office-225242600--politics.html

I don't know why, exactly, but this tickles me. Maybe it's the idea of a somewhat sensible-sounding party platform being advertised under the banner of an extinct party with "God" in its name in the year 2013. :lol:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Telarus on November 09, 2013, 11:39:40 PM
In other crazy wtf-is-going-on-with-politics news:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/09/texas-anti-lgbt-crusader-won-local-election-by-pretending-to-be-black/
I love that guy!
QuoteWilson beat Austin by a razor-thin margin of 27 votes. He remains untroubled by his methods, saying that all politicians lie.

"Every time a politician talks, he's out there deceiving voters," he told KHOU.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: :regret: on November 10, 2013, 08:08:15 AM

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/09/texas-anti-lgbt-crusader-won-local-election-by-pretending-to-be-black/
I love that guy!
QuoteWilson beat Austin by a razor-thin margin of 27 votes. He remains untroubled by his methods, saying that all politicians lie.

OK, I get why his tactics are amusing, but he's an ANTI-LGBTBLTWTFBBQ CRUSADER.  Who used those tactics to oust the lesbian incumbent.

So, he's pretty much a douchecanoe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2013, 09:07:52 PM
Quote from: :regret: on November 10, 2013, 08:08:15 AM

I love that guy!

OK, I get why his tactics are amusing, but he's an ANTI-LGBTBLTWTFBBQ CRUSADER.  Who used those tactics to oust the lesbian incumbent.

So, he's pretty much a douchecanoe.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out for him long-term, actually. I mean, his constituents now know they were basically tricked into voting for him. I can't imagine they'll vote for him again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."