News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Hey cain

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, November 27, 2013, 02:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Whats going on in thailand and if the democrats arent looking for elections then what would this peoples council that suthep wants entail?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Thailand is...complicated.  I'll get back to you on this, because it will probably take a while to see what the implications are, and refresh myself on the context.

Nephew Twiddleton

Cool cool.
Yeah it seems pretty complicated.

Junkenstein

Looking forward to the take on this.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Sorry, kinda had to ignore this for the moment, but the most basic thing to understand about the situation in Thailand at the moment is that the current PM's brother was the former PM, currently in exile, and the problems in the country relate, at least in part, to a power struggle around the royal family and certain oligarchical interests.  Most of these are working at cross purposes, though the monarchy as a rule commands the support of the middle class, whereas the PM-in-exile and his party have the support of the rural masses.

Nephew Twiddleton

No worries man thanks