News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Who called it? I called it - USA has "deal" with Sinaloa Cartel

Started by Cain, September 11, 2012, 10:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

So, what have we here? 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexicos-vigilantes-legalized-and-put-under-military-umbrella/

Sounds like it's just another gang joining the fray, put could it be a puppet for government forces? 

Wow.  This is why I rarely post in this subforum.  I sound like an idiot.

Cain

They're being repurposed into auxilary government death squads.

LMNO

Fantastic!  In the name of populist nationalism, I suppose.

Left

@ LMNO...What I've got so far...

Either the Feds could have co-opted the vigilantes or they could have demanded the vigilantes demobilize.
If the feds kept pressing for the latter the vigilantes would have (and did) politely refuse, though it would not have stayed polite.
If the vigilantes disarm anytime soon the templarios will start slaughtering vigilantes.

If the feds had chosen to push for disarmament they would have got a state in revolt instead?
...It's not as if the federal Mexican  government is terribly popular now, and I'd guess that putting the vigilantes down would not be a popular action.

As for them becoming paramilitary death squads?  I dunno.
Cain's the predictions guy.

The Johnny lives in Mexico, right?  I'm kind of curious as to what most people in Mexico are thinking about all this.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

The Johnny

The military mobilized against the vigilantes, killing couple guys, a woman and a child... this was about a month ago if my timeline isnt too off... the purpose was to demobilize, but this created a lot of negative perception towards the government, in which it seemed monstrous for them to demobilize them when they were actually doing progress (which the military had not)... I see it as a heavy handed move to keep a semblance of "ILL SHOW THEM WHOS BOSS" from the government.

As for them being coopted into being paramilitary deathsquads? and their pros and cons? Everything went sour 13 years ago when the trading agreements got broken and some cartels got special favours... then 7 years ago the fight for plazas and territory really kicked in.

So how is one to keep things under control, when things got so out of hand, and theres too many corrupt interests (and geo-political) for legalization to be viable?

Things are kind of grim when death squads start to seem like a good idea.

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

Quote from: The Johnny on January 29, 2014, 03:48:13 AM

Johnny is awarded the Understatement of the Year award.  Apologies that it's happening in your own country.

Left

The military mobilized against the vigilantes, killing couple guys, a woman and a child... this was about a month ago if my timeline isnt too off...
I read there were 2 deaths.  Thanks for clarifications and such.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 29, 2014, 04:12:08 AM

Johnny is awarded the Understatement of the Year award. Apologies that it's happening in your own country.
Same from myself.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

The Johnny

Well, RWHN finally shut up for some reason, so that's a start; and yeah, although its happening in my country, im not directly affected by it, so that's something - but i will say that living in the Federal District is just one of a couple of safe cities.

Im curious how everything will shape up with the new administration, too early to tell.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Johnny on January 29, 2014, 08:18:36 AM

Well, RWHN finally shut up for some reason, so that's a start;

It's a start.  There are still too many True Believers™ in congress, though.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Related:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25972790

QuoteMexican security forces say they have arrested one of the leaders of the Jalisco New Generation drug cartel.

Ruben Oseguera Gonzalez, known as El Menchito, is believed to be the second-in-command in the criminal organisation led by his father.

He was arrested in a major operation that involved dozens of soldiers.

The New Generation cartel is involved in large-scale drug trafficking along Mexico's Pacific Coast.

It is said to work together with the Sinaloa cartel, led by the most wanted man in Mexico, Joaquin 'Shorty' Guzman.

Also recently:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25921971

QuoteMexican forces have captured one of the country's most wanted drug lords, officials say.

Dionicio Loya Plancarte, known as El Tio (The Uncle), was one of the leaders of the Knights Templar drug cartel in western Michoacan state, officials say.

The government had a 30m-peso ($2.2m; £1.3m) bounty on his head for drug and money-laundering crimes.

Troops were deployed to Michoacan earlier this month after vigilantes clashed with gang members.

It's looks like some people have been getting very high quality intel of late. I wonder where from?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Related:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-26112067

QuoteMexican vigilante groups have paraded through a stronghold of the Knights Templar drug cartel in the troubled state of Michoacan.

The vigilantes had driven into Apatzingan on Saturday, backed by armoured vehicles and troops.

On Sunday, they drove round the town shouting slogans before convening at the city's main square.

QuoteHundreds of vigilantes, backed up by armoured vehicles and troops, had set up roadblocks around the western city before entering it on Saturday.

Tens of people have been detained on suspicion of working for the cartel by police and vigilante forces.

"I consider it a triumph, a triumph to be able to be here in Apatzingan," said one leader, Hipolito Mora.

"Many thought it was impossible. Thank God they were wrong and we are here. I feel calm."

I've got a horrible feeling that this will build up to something spectacular.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

popeurmom

TL;DR but has anyone even mentioned operation fast and furious? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal and how at least one american has been killed by guns illegally sent to mexican cartels under eric holder's direct orders?

Cain

Junkenstein

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.