TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

TRANSMISSIONS FROM ARIZONA

Started by LMNO, February 29, 2008, 07:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 01:23:52 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2008, 12:56:37 AM
Serving an evil man is not an honorable act.

I agree with that.  Do you think GW is evil? If so, "why" is a topic for a different thread maybe.

If you have to ask why, then you have a very weak grasp of both the constitution and human rights in general.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2008, 01:34:28 AM
Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 01:21:37 AM
Just like the executioner, i got the thumbs up from the Authority. 

So did Adolf Eichmann.

If we knew each other personally i think you would highly value my take on commitment and honor.

I doubt it.  You're still a tool.  I was too, once.

An ad hominem argument, (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

I am a tool.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2008, 01:35:09 AM

I agree with that.  Do you think GW is evil? If so, "why" is a topic for a different thread maybe.

If you have to ask why, then you have a very weak grasp of both the constitution and human rights in general.

This really goes back to the problem of electing someone to represent you, he never quite actually does.  His red tape cutting was allowed by MORE people that the Majority elected.  Its a ridiculous never ending process in which my morality does not stem from.  I cast my vote and thats as much an influence as i can have without a protest or running for office myself.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 01:40:15 AM

An ad hominem argument,

Nope.  A statement of fact.  You are a tool of a "government" which no longer serves the people.

Don't play stupid.

This really goes back to the problem of electing someone to represent you, he never quite actually does.  His red tape cutting was allowed by MORE people that the Majority elected.  Its a ridiculous never ending process in which my morality does not stem from.  I cast my vote and thats as much an influence as i can have without a protest or running for office myself.

If you want an excuse, you'll find one.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on March 10, 2008, 12:53:38 AM
I have difficulty believing you honestly are willing to be uncertain about how necessary the killing is. I guess I'm just an idealist like that.

This is phrased kind of awkwardly.  Do you mean that:  you can't believe uncertainty does not come into my mind when I send missiles or bombs to intercept the enemy?

No. I can't believe that you're willing to be uncertain about KILLING PEOPLE.

Fuck commitment, and fuck your idea of "honor". Using your god damn brain strikes me as a better idea.

If we knew each other personally i think you would highly value my take on commitment and honor.

I'd probably think you're an asshole and wouldn't want to listen, even if it was less wrong than you've made it seem. I doubt that's the case though.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2008, 01:35:09 AM

What the royal fuck do you think we're trying to do here?

We don't stage protests, and we don't try to get each other elected into offices (except for Prezitator Fred, but never mind), because those are OLD tricks. The Machine can deal with mass protests; there have been so many that it's gotten pretty good at marginalizing their influence. It can deal with a few loose screws getting put into powerful positions.

Don't let the enemy choose the battlefield.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2008, 01:59:54 AM
An ad hominem argument,
Nope.  A statement of fact.  You are a tool of a "government" which no longer serves the people.
Don't play stupid.

An association fallacy is an inductive formal fallacy of the type hasty generalization or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association.

I was referring to you comparing me to adolf eichmann.  As far as being a tool is concerned i addressed that.  As far as the government not serving the people, i addressed that also.  Vote for the right people and hope for the best, or FIX politics.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 10, 2008, 01:59:54 AM
If you want an excuse, you'll find one.

I'm pretty much consumed fighting a different battle and politics is not really my main concern at this point in time.  You seem really unhappy with the state of politics, but like myself i bet you are engaged with more pressing issues.  Thats how the Machine works, doesn't it?  Wrong-doing and Injustice in the govt can't be fought cuz we're all too busy wrapped up trying to live.  With what little time we do have to spare to consider these things, we instead put them into arguments on a forum on how to mindfuck a person into enlightment.  Some invest more time than others.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: Cainad on March 10, 2008, 02:05:43 AM

We don't stage protests, and we don't try to get each other elected into offices (except for Prezitator Fred, but never mind), because those are OLD tricks. The Machine can deal with mass protests; there have been so many that it's gotten pretty good at marginalizing their influence. It can deal with a few loose screws getting put into powerful positions.

That's what i said!  That's why I dont engage in such pointless acts of protest or running for office.  :D

I'll think of something though.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on March 10, 2008, 02:02:49 AM
No. I can't believe that you're willing to be uncertain about KILLING PEOPLE.

Faith and Trust are two of my most tragic character flaws.  But i don't exactly trust the establishment, nor do i have faith in politicians, but in Democracy.

I'd probably think you're an asshole and wouldn't want to listen, even if it was less wrong than you've made it seem. I doubt that's the case though.

I wasn't talking about me and you having a conversation.  My life and yours interacting with eachother's in real life situations, everyday or life-and-death.  I think you would put trust in me because of those values i hold and live.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 02:10:47 AM
An association fallacy is an inductive formal fallacy of the type hasty generalization or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association.

I know that.  Stop being a pedantic prick.  Dumbass.

I was referring to you comparing me to adolf eichmann.

I did not compare you to Adolf Eichmann.  I compared your excuse to his...they are the same.

As far as being a tool is concerned i addressed that.

If you continue to serve a "government" that does not serve the people, then you haven't addressed shit.  You've just pussied up and made excuses.

I'm pretty much consumed fighting a different battle and politics is not really my main concern at this point in time. 

Pleading ignorance and apathy does not help your cause.

You seem really unhappy with the state of politics, but like myself i bet you are engaged with more pressing issues.

Horseshit.  You are simply helping our so-called "government" express the will of some corporations overseas.  That IS politics, and politics of the scummiest sort.

Thats how the Machine works, doesn't it?  Wrong-doing and Injustice in the govt can't be fought cuz we're all too busy wrapped up trying to live.  With what little time we do have to spare to consider these things, we instead put them into arguments on a forum on how to mindfuck a person into enlightment.  Some invest more time than others.

The Machine™ works because the cogs want it to.

Your idea of a "mindfuck" seems to be the perpetuation of The Machine™.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 02:13:32 AM
Quote from: Cainad on March 10, 2008, 02:05:43 AM

That's what i said!  That's why I dont engage in such pointless acts of protest or running for office.  :D

I'll think of something though.

No you won't.  You'll just continue to make excuses for doing the wrong thing, because it's the easy thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 02:19:33 AM

Faith and Trust are two of my most tragic character flaws.  But i don't exactly trust the establishment, nor do i have faith in politicians, but in Democracy.

Democracy?  Where?

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 10, 2008, 02:19:33 AM
I think you put trust in me because of those values i hold.

I think you're a fucking idiot, just for that statement.

Nast

Now I'm starting to feel as if this is getting silly.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on March 10, 2008, 02:29:55 AM
Now I'm starting to feel as if this is getting silly.

*shrug*

I'm enjoying myself.  It's not often on this board that a foaming neocon comes along to get happy-slapped.

Last one was VoT, IIRC.

Nast

Oh, I'm enjoying it too.  :)

I'm referring to the density of our good friend Lecherous.
Explaining things to the poor man is so tedious, it's silly.

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on March 10, 2008, 02:41:59 AM
Oh, I'm enjoying it too.  :)

I'm referring to the density of our good friend Lecherous.
Explaining things to the poor man is so tedious, it's silly.

I swear to "Bob", it's like wading through mud.

Thankless task #3432:  Discussing ethics with a Bushie.