News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

And the flaws of kopyleft become apparent if they werent apparent before.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 20, 2012, 01:41:10 PM
Quote from: Luna on November 19, 2012, 11:35:52 PM
Dropping Cram a note, as well, in case he is also unaware he contributed.

Expect a lecture.

Can't imagine anyone being annoyed enough to lecture for a heads up that his name was included on a list of contributors when at least one other person was unpleasantly surprised to be included.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on November 20, 2012, 02:35:14 PM

Expect a lecture.

Can't imagine anyone being annoyed enough to lecture for a heads up that his name was included on a list of contributors when at least one other person was unpleasantly surprised to be included.

Cramulus has views on intellectual property.  My guess is that he'll wave it off with an air of superiority concerning those views.

But I suppose we should warn him anyway.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Alternately, we could compile a book made of his and Uncle BadTouch's writings and edit it in such a manner that it looks like they're best buds. It'd be a hell of an object lesson. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 20, 2012, 03:45:47 PM
Alternately, we could compile a book made of his and Uncle BadTouch's writings and edit it in such a manner that it looks like they're best buds. It'd be a hell of an object lesson. :lulz:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 20, 2012, 03:45:47 PM

Possibly the first time I actually and physically laughed out loud at something on the internet.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 20, 2012, 02:30:53 PM
And the flaws of kopyleft become apparent if they werent apparent before.

This is why nothing I write is "kopyleft". I'll usually give permission, but I want to be asked so that I have some control over where and how my words are used.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Exactly. For some things i dont care if i make money off of it or not. But i do want to make sure it and i dont get misrepresented.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 20, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: Luna on November 20, 2012, 02:35:14 PM

Expect a lecture.

Cramulus has views on intellectual property.  My guess is that he'll wave it off with an air of superiority concerning those views.

But I suppose we should warn him anyway.

Sent him the link.  He can wave it off or not, as he likes.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

El Sjaako

Uncle BadTouch just did another post on his book on 23ae:

Quote from: Uncle BadTouch
What book have Robert Anton Wilson (who saw an early draft), Rev. Ivan Stang, R. Crumb, Alan Moore, Sondra London aka The Erisian Elestria, Reverend Jason "Pee Kitty" Levine, Adam Gorightly, Johnny Shellburn, S. John Ross aka Pope Leo and Malaclypse the Younger aka Greg Hill (who never saw the whole book but read some selections) and others been talking about?  Feel free to find out!

Again implying Adam's consent and/or knowledge.

I have actually ordered the book. (I like having Discordians books, even if they are crap. I also bought "The Long Run" by Mr. Keys, because it was supposed to feature Discordianism. It doesn't in any recognizable way.) It will arrive in a while, Amazon estimates half way through February. When it does I will issue a full report of what it says.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Uncle BadTouch is a hopeless coattailer who can't write for shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: el sjaako on January 17, 2013, 11:46:28 PM

I have actually ordered the book.

Well, thanks for lining Uncle BadTouch's pockets with everyone else's work.  Well done.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 18, 2012, 09:06:15 AM
Roger is welcome to participate as is anyone else, so I feel it's a bit disingenous to say I'm 'perfectly fine with leaving Roger out.' I spoke to Roger regarding Uncle BadTouch in late August, and it wasn't a dealbreaker at the time. I spoke again two months later in October when he told me he wouldn't be participating, and it was clear to me that this wasn't contingent on my changing my project, and that is wasn't related to LS.

Re; the group, as I said, I handelled it badly at the time, immediately pulling out the four people who announced they wouldn't intend to be participating any more in that LS thread. I had a little freakout, stressing about the group collapsing into drama, and made a poor snap judgment. There's two people in the group now that I'm aware of who have let me know they definately will not be taking part, but rather than making the same mistake repeatedly for the sake of consistency, it seems like less drama and upset to ask those individuals to take themselves out of the group when they're ready.

I do not suspect that any of the troubles I've had over the course of the project are the result of a conspiracy of any form, and haven't suggested as much to anyone.

I'll definitely be contacting Shii, thank you. [Edit: If possible]

Also, Nigel I know you're not telling me that your participation is contingent on my leaving Uncle BadTouch out. But others were, so the comments specific to that, were meant for the people to whom they applied, not as an insult to you personally.

Looks like it's not an apology for the shit you said (but don't remember) about other people controlling your work/sabotaging your project, just an apology for freaking out and kicking us out of your group.

Which I presume is where you also said those things, and which I don't have access to, so I can't prove it.

Nice.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 17, 2012, 02:06:34 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 12:37:18 AM
Dingo's recent actions positively REEK of Captain Utopia. Especially the part where he thinks he's being reasonable in spite of it being totally obvious to everyone else how utterly fucked up his words and actions are.

Dingo, there's no reason for me to ban you from PD (personal feelings aside) but I will have to absolutely insist that the Chasing Eris project and any future projects you might look to publish are not in any way connected to PD.com. I don't even want this site, any of the content in this site, or any of the usernames on this site mentioned at all, not even in passing.

Post seen.

Also, bump.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 21, 2013, 11:21:23 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 18, 2012, 09:06:15 AM
Roger is welcome to participate as is anyone else, so I feel it's a bit disingenous to say I'm 'perfectly fine with leaving Roger out.' I spoke to Roger regarding Uncle BadTouch in late August, and it wasn't a dealbreaker at the time. I spoke again two months later in October when he told me he wouldn't be participating, and it was clear to me that this wasn't contingent on my changing my project, and that is wasn't related to LS.

Re; the group, as I said, I handelled it badly at the time, immediately pulling out the four people who announced they wouldn't intend to be participating any more in that LS thread. I had a little freakout, stressing about the group collapsing into drama, and made a poor snap judgment. There's two people in the group now that I'm aware of who have let me know they definately will not be taking part, but rather than making the same mistake repeatedly for the sake of consistency, it seems like less drama and upset to ask those individuals to take themselves out of the group when they're ready.

I do not suspect that any of the troubles I've had over the course of the project are the result of a conspiracy of any form, and haven't suggested as much to anyone.

I'll definitely be contacting Shii, thank you. [Edit: If possible]

Also, Nigel I know you're not telling me that your participation is contingent on my leaving Uncle BadTouch out. But others were, so the comments specific to that, were meant for the people to whom they applied, not as an insult to you personally.

Looks like it's not an apology for the shit you said (but don't remember) about other people controlling your work/sabotaging your project, just an apology for freaking out and kicking us out of your group.

Which I presume is where you also said those things, and which I don't have access to, so I can't prove it.

Nice.

There are people on this forum who have posting access. If you have a pressing need to find what it was you remember me saying I'm sure one of them will be happy to point it out for you.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.