Cramulus

did you say Eris Scaping?
                        /

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on May 12, 2009, 07:29:37 PM
               did you say Eris Scaping?
                        /

:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Quote from: Crazzee on May 12, 2009, 12:19:08 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on May 11, 2009, 11:56:25 PM
also, about planting stuff into patterns, I think a whila ago I read in O:MF an idea to plant thicker, longer grass in letters or shapes in grass fields. Takes a few weeks before it appears, but after that it's incredibly hard to remove, even for years to follow. It's probably also considered vandalism on public property.
Wait, how do you do that? Just more grass seed, or do you mean a different kind of grass?

yes, different kind of grass. there's the short stuff generally used for lawns, which is actually less resilient than the more "wild" longer variety. that's all I know, though, ask a gardener :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Madigan T Nubilous

Sorry I hit your car, you shouldn't even notice the damage.

Iron Sulfide

The same "cut out" technique can be used to create a completely different shade of grass on the grass itself, too, if you don't want to be as obvious as using flowers.

it would be worth grabbing a clipping of the mark's grass and trying to match it with a flora key in a book or online, then specifically finding grass of a much lighter/darker shade.

Most of the time, you can find sod (pre-grown grass) of a different shade than your mark's. this, in turn, can be precut (just take a damn knife to it, or a spade. but a knife is better) into the shapes you would want to stand out. proceed to your target, cut the shape(s) you've planned and plant. make sure to only cut as deep as the sod requires. too shallow, and that bit will get scalped every mow, too deep and it may not establish properly. better than using a shovel for this: a curved weeding knife (also known as a pruning or mushroom knife):

(i discovered this to great amusment when i did landscaping and my boss laid some sod for a client. he didn't get the same type of grass, subsequently leaving a 2x3 foot dark patch.)

As for seeds and grass...could work, but likely not. more probable is that the seeds would sprout and then get choked and shadowed by the other grass, killing it off. while a lot of grass will produce seed if you let it get long enough, it's primary means of production is through expanding the roots and creating new shoots. This chokes out competing plants at the roots. (basically, any uniform lawn is nothing more than well groomed weeds.)
Ya' stupid Yank.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Philly Fillet on May 07, 2009, 07:47:37 PM
I know this is a sub-sub forum in a secret sub-forum, but none the less i would like to invoke one of our Most sacred tenants;

KYFMS
in days of yore, this was a very sacred tenant that allowed people in shifty, sordid traditions to continue what they were doing without outside interference (To know, To Dare, To Will- To Remain Silent)...

that said, here's an example of being able to talk while still KYFMS:

i knew someone who did this sort of thing once with those illicit seeds. planted them around his city hall, bus stops, parks, etc... it was fun, he said, and he enjoyed most watching them grow (and about as much that no one seemed to notice...) in the end, he told me, they were destroyed, but it seemed to be from maintenance workers more than Authority figures.

He had a lot of other neat ideas regarding this, too. planting them along roadsides with your state flower. state flowers are protected symbols- the bureaucracy won't let workers destroy state flowers (not that they WONT, mind you... but it's a good idea)...

ALSO

Plant your seeds chainletter is DEF about pot, not other types of plant. anyone is permitted to grow other types of plant, so long as they are not on the federal scheduling list, nor do they violate state law. There was also in at least one version i read a statement "Overgrow the Government!" - a rather incendiary remark suggesting subversive qualities. What so subversive about a carrot?

home gardening of food is more subversive than you might think.  It permits you to control what goes into your body.  There's a reason that the corporations worked hard to eliminate home gardening in the cities during the early industrial revolution, those home gardens helped to support many strikes.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Khara on May 12, 2009, 04:37:34 PM
Watermelons!

I have decided to go with watermelons.  :mrgreen:

Watermelons can be a kind of a pain to grow, although it depends on where you live.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Corvidia

Wandering jews or other types of spider plants. Those things reproduce like CRAZY and you can't get rid of them. With wandering jews, that's all right because they're pretty but regular spider plants are ugly (imo). Introduce bermuda grass if you're not interested in being nice--that stuff is impossible to kill.
Scented geraniums are good for this, too, I think. You might have to watch it for a bit and make sure it gets established, but after that--as long as you don't live in a place with snow or hoar frosts--that shit will NEVER die and will spread further and further (this should be planted in an area without maintenance people).

Ornamental plants are my specialty. :/ Sorry I can't be more useful elsewhere.
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.