More marijuana news from Denver

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 09, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24871810/colorado-marijuana-stores-see-steady-business-dwindling-inventory

QuoteOnly one week into Colorado's history-making recreational marijuana industry, one shop has already sold out of pot, others fear they may soon join it and perhaps as many as 100,000 people have legally purchased marijuana at Colorado stores.

Industry advocates estimate Colorado stores have already done more than $5 million in sales — including $1 million on New Year's Day — though National Cannabis Industry Association executive director Aaron Smith acknowledges those are "back-of-the-envelope" figures. The owner of one store said she expects to make as much in sales in the first 10 days of January as she did all of last year selling medical marijuana.

"I had a dream once that I opened my store and didn't have any competition," said Robin Hackett, a co-owner of BotanaCare in Northglenn. "I had no idea it was a nightmare."

Fears of marijuana shortages pervade the young industry. On Wednesday, a sign hung in the door to The Clinic location near Colorado Boulevard and Interstate 25 in Denver: "We are currently out of recreational cannabis. Please check back tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Many shops have imposed caps on maximum purchase amounts well below the caps required under state law. Numerous store owners say they have sold out of marijuana-infused edible products. Toni Fox, the owner of 3D Cannabis Center in Denver, said she closed her store down on Monday and Tuesday this week, just to restock and give her staff a rest.

Even for stores that reported robust inventory, like High Country Healing in Silverthorne, owners said marijuana could become scarce across the industry if more stores don't get their licenses approved and open to absorb the flood of interest.

I almost wish RWHN was still here, just so I could witness the hand-wringing spin.  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

WHY WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE POOR, HIGH CHILDREN?

Ben Shapiro

Suu

The amount of tax money the state just reaped in is unreal. In a few years, when the country is marveling at Colorado having the best roads and best schools, maybe more states will take a hint.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 09, 2014, 04:33:29 PM
The amount of tax money the state just reaped in is unreal. In a few years, when the country is marveling at Colorado having the best roads and best schools, maybe more states will take a hint.

Education and infrastructure are meaningless when the population using them is high all the time. Besides, it'll never happen. Just watch. In five or six years Colorado will be a wasteland filled with discarded Cheetos bags, and the people will be eating their own children for sustenance, being so high they have forgotten the value of human life. All those schools will be used for is to teach the few surviving toddlers how to inject themselves with the devil weed, and those roads will be reserved for funeral processions.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

100,000 people died from their first bong injection.

Colorado very over.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Sorry guys, I just wasn't thinking of the children.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 09, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

Good now go have a monthly beer and go beat your children before you go to bed.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 09, 2014, 05:45:23 PM

Well, being an East-Coast Liberal Elitist, that's to be expected. That's why we have Real America™ to keep you people grounded in reality. It's really simple. The best possible outcome is that everyone in Colorado will die of weed exposure (very likely) and then the state can be repopulated with Really Real Americans for Truth and Freedom, where the only intoxicants are mass-produced beer and Jack Daniels, just like Hillbilly Jesus intended.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 05:48:19 PM

Well, being an East-Coast Liberal Elitist, that's to be expected. That's why we have Real America™ to keep you people grounded in reality. It's really simple. The best possible outcome is that everyone in Colorado will die of weed exposure (very likely) and then the state can be repopulated with Really Real Americans for Truth and Freedom, where the only intoxicants are mass-produced beer and Jack Daniels, just like Hillbilly Jesus intended.

Nirvana Records.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Rocky Mountain HIIIIIGHEEEEEEE
                           /
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 09, 2014, 06:02:57 PM
Rocky Mountain HIIIIIGHEEEEEEE
                           /

And look what happened to HIM.  Got all fucked up on the devil lettuce, buzzed Clint Eastwood's house in a plane, then crashed because his reserve fuel tank was stuffed full of pot.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

...I thought that was Gilligan all this time...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: V3X on January 09, 2014, 05:48:19 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: