News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

The Man Who Loved Deeply

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 25, 2008, 08:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I realize, of course, that for it to be considered fiction instead of technical writing I'll have to rewrite it without semicolons.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm such a hack. I am deeply ashamed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on July 09, 2008, 08:27:54 PM
I'm such a hack; I am deeply ashamed.

Fixed.
Do you think this is fiction, or something? This is SRS BIZNIS.

Richter

Quote from: Payne on July 09, 2008, 08:14:13 PM
SIX SEMICOLONS. SIX!

Semicolon:  What the doctor reconstructs for the victims of Nigel's prolapse attack.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Honey

Quote from: Nigel on July 09, 2008, 06:52:37 PM
Thanks, Honey!

A large part of that story came from my experience with my second husband, who is a man very much in love with the idea of being in love. As you say, such a relationship rarely works because the vessel who represents Love to such a person cannot, being human, live up to their lofty ideals, nor do they receive true, human, connected love.

I never considered ending the story any other way... I didn't start out knowing how it would end, but as I wrote it the ending became obvious. 

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the response.  I was just curious.  I usually write based on real events & people I know but switch it up a bit, it can become very addicting!   :)
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Honey

oh & I meant to say that I just started reading the Illuminatus Trilogy. 
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I read most of that. It got kind of boring toward the end so I stopped.

Honey

I just started to read it, about 50 pages or so, so far it seems pretty good.  I want to know more.
Fuck the status quo!

-Bertrand Russell

Raphaella

I really like this story. I read it a few days ago and have been thinking on it quite a bit.  It made me rethink some of my own notions about love and where it comes from. I had never really thought of love as a selfish emotion, but now I realize it can be. This also made me think about how I love in my current relationship and how different this feeling is from the others I have had, most importantly the very first one.
You know the feeling of falling in love for the fist time... I would imagine that everyone kinda falls for the Love Ideal that you have so wonderfully portrayed, at least once.
This is a great story! Also, I like your poetry too, and your bead work. Shit Nigel!! CAN YOU DO NO WRONG?
(VonMercer also liked you cow headed woman and found it full of  :lulz: )
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Nigel, that was W1N! It reminded me of Neil Gaiman's style a little.

Also; semi-fucking-colons ROOL!
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center