News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Reminder to self: claim 2/4 hours overtime for this and tomorrow's shift, because apparently organizing a rota is rilly rilly hard u guiyz.

Yup, I'm working alone for the next two nights.  Again.  Well, I suppose I have to get used to it, since my co-worker is, almost certainly, going to leave in the next couple of months.

Though if I'm working alone, I think I should get the pay of the person who isn't here.  It's only fair.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 21, 2015, 03:09:51 PM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on October 21, 2015, 05:03:42 AM
Quote from: Pergamos on October 19, 2015, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 19, 2015, 12:37:33 AM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on October 18, 2015, 07:28:24 PM
Quote from: Nast on October 18, 2015, 06:57:48 AM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on October 18, 2015, 04:55:20 AM
well, i seem to be having a small emotional spiral and none of the people i usually talk to when this happens are picking up their phones. This will be an interesting night.

:sad:

Feel free to vent here if you think it will help.
Basically dealing with the realization that i have head-over-heels feelings for one of my friends, yet i can't really say anything about it to her because i feel it'll only make things awkward, since she lives so far away that a relationship would be nearly impossible.

I don't know whether this would be a good time to mention that until four months ago Alty lived in Alaska, which actually is impossible.

Of course, I didn't fall for him until he moved here, but still. Things change. What if she has feelings for you too? What if one or the other of you is open to a move? Basically all I'm saying is that if it's a solid friendship, it will rebound from the awkwardness, and if there's a possibility of it working out, why not take the chance?

At least mention that you have a crush on her, that's something that can easily be glossed over if it's not reciprocal.

I just moved across the country because of love.  Long distance is frustrating, but that doesn't mean it is not worth exploring.

hmm, i see your point. But maybe i should wait a bit until i'm more...established? Like, when i have a more to...offer, i guess? Like, it seems that i would be in a poor position to suggest a move or something like that without the wherewithal to back it up. So yea, just keep hanging out with her when i can, work on myself for now, and dont lose hope seems to be the plan for now. than ks for the advice you guys. :D

As long as you're OK with the fact that the waiting road leads directly to her finding someone else.
after considering this most of the day, two plans of action emerge
Plan A involves juggling my current job and internship and waiting until the internship lands me a job in my field(90% of the interns who does this leave with employment)to woo her from a position of relative stability. drawbacks include the fact that working at an internship in Long Beach and a Home depot in Garden Grove will be both a drive and a hassle
Plan B involves selling my car to lease a Prius from Breeze. I can work for Postmates (think Uber, but i'd be a courier, not a taxi driver) this would give me a better car to start visiting her in Escondido, and would allow me to set my own hours and spend my off time doing funner things than working like writing and comedy, all while not interfering with said internship and the sexy new job it promises.

currently leaning towards plan B, honestly.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Good Reverend Roger

Cover art for Hell to Pay (Life During Wartime, book 2).  Artist:  Patience Gonzales.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2015, 05:41:42 AM
Cover art for Hell to Pay (Life During Wartime, book 2).  Artist:  Patience Gonzales.

That's excellent.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: N E T on October 22, 2015, 05:49:12 AM

That's excellent.

LMNO in space marine armor, feeling sexy.   :lulz:

(Some of you may recall he was the inspiration for one of the bad guys.)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2015, 06:01:04 AM
Quote from: N E T on October 22, 2015, 05:49:12 AM

That's excellent.

LMNO in space marine armor, feeling sexy.   :lulz:

(Some of you may recall he was the inspiration for one of the bad guys.)

God it's perfect.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Don Coyote

Is LMNO's smile really that...disconcerting and I've just been blocking it from my consciousness?

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 22, 2015, 06:19:08 AM
Is LMNO's smile really that...disconcerting and I've just been blocking it from my consciousness?

Yes.

Quote from: Nast on October 22, 2015, 06:20:22 AM
That's a nice cover!

And yes.

LMNO

President Television

"You're pretty good."
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on October 22, 2015, 05:17:58 AM
after considering this most of the day, two plans of action emerge
Plan A involves juggling my current job and internship and waiting until the internship lands me a job in my field(90% of the interns who does this leave with employment)to woo her from a position of relative stability. drawbacks include the fact that working at an internship in Long Beach and a Home depot in Garden Grove will be both a drive and a hassle
Plan B involves selling my car to lease a Prius from Breeze. I can work for Postmates (think Uber, but i'd be a courier, not a taxi driver) this would give me a better car to start visiting her in Escondido, and would allow me to set my own hours and spend my off time doing funner things than working like writing and comedy, all while not interfering with said internship and the sexy new job it promises.

currently leaning towards plan B, honestly.

OK, this might sound crazy but bear with me, how about before you make any changes in life plans in order to accommodate wooing her, you talk to her and find out whether the feeling is mutual?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."