News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

I need your help guys ;D

Started by cris, September 05, 2012, 01:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: cris on September 05, 2012, 01:04:37 AM
I was wondering if its possible to get rid of the majority of every negative human emotion ever.
I know for sure that I got rid of depression and anger, but can I take others down with it?

Plus, I'm still young and I'm not old and depressed like you guys ;D
Depression is not an emotion, it is a chemical imbalance in the brain, that can be caused by physical and emotional problems.
Have you really gotten rid of anger of have you learnt to minize the negative effects it has on your life by accepting your anger, analyizing it and getting over it in a split second?
Big difference there, because afaik it is quite impossible to actually get rid of anger altogether. You still are angry but you are either bottling it up or expressing it in a different way.
An unexamined emotion is a lingering and rotting emotion.
The only other route to an anger-less life i know of is to distort your worldview to the point where you are unable to see bad things. This is silly.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

AFK

With the stipulation that I have given serious answers to the OP, I'm 99% certain the OP is unserious.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I took it as more of a challenge...

I know for sure that I got rid of depression and anger,

You sure you want to test that theory?

Bu🤠ns

to the OP: How would you even know happy if it wasn't for its opposite, sad?  To try to put everything happy would be like trying to remove only the right side of a stick. You chop it off and immediately a new right side appears.  Supposing you do make everything happy, eventually you'll have a new set of criteria on which to draw the distinction. 

Don't let me stop you, however.  Do give it a try and share with us your results :)

cris

Quote from: :regret: on September 05, 2012, 12:16:23 PM
I was wondering if its possible to get rid of the majority of every negative human emotion ever.
I know for sure that I got rid of depression and anger, but can I take others down with it?

Plus, I'm still young and I'm not old and depressed like you guys ;D
Depression is not an emotion, it is a chemical imbalance in the brain, that can be caused by physical and emotional problems.
Have you really gotten rid of anger of have you learnt to minize the negative effects it has on your life by accepting your anger, analyizing it and getting over it in a split second?
Big difference there, because afaik it is quite impossible to actually get rid of anger altogether. You still are angry but you are either bottling it up or expressing it in a different way.
An unexamined emotion is a lingering and rotting emotion.
The only other route to an anger-less life i know of is to distort your worldview to the point where you are unable to see bad things. This is silly.

That's exactly what happened, every problem ive encountered so far in my life has either been sloved, ignored, or I took advantage of it instead of carrying it like a burden :D Also, I like corrupting my worldview cause its fucking fun.
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 05, 2012, 01:17:55 PM
I took it as more of a challenge...

I know for sure that I got rid of depression and anger,

You sure you want to test that theory?

If you kill my parents its not gonna work, im just gonna die of hunger.
Quote from: Bu☆ns on September 05, 2012, 04:10:02 PM
to the OP: How would you even know happy if it wasn't for its opposite, sad?  To try to put everything happy would be like trying to remove only the right side of a stick. You chop it off and immediately a new right side appears.  Supposing you do make everything happy, eventually you'll have a new set of criteria on which to draw the distinction. 

Don't let me stop you, however.  Do give it a try and share with us your results :)

I get disappointed as fuck when  I drop my ice cream cone, so I base all happiness on that ;D

Oh boy I can't wait for all the psychological problems to start rolling in ;D

AFK

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 05, 2012, 12:23:09 PM
With the stipulation that I have given serious answers to the OP, I'm 99% certain the OP is unserious.

Just sayin.

cris

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 06, 2012, 12:26:54 AM

Just sayin.

OP is serious, he dont need no human emotions ;D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: cris on September 06, 2012, 12:37:58 AM

Just sayin.

Join the libertarian party.  They have no emotions.  Or brains, for that matter.  It's just this echoing void in which you can occasionally hear the groans of starving children.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

cris

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 06, 2012, 12:44:49 AM

Just sayin.

Join the libertarian party.  They have no emotions.  Or brains, for that matter.  It's just this echoing void in which you can occasionally hear the groans of starving children.

Libertarians are boring, the party im in has tons of brains, no emotions, and you can hear the laughter of children with glass jamed into their faces.

AFK

Just sayin.

Or friends?

cris

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 06, 2012, 01:22:41 AM

Just sayin.

Or friends?

Kids these days are awesome enough to become friends with the spiritually extraordinary OP ;D

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Chaser

It's still a mystery to me how cris doesn't get bullied. Too happy and different. We would've shown no mercy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chaser on September 06, 2012, 02:29:35 PM
It's still a mystery to me how cris doesn't get bullied. Too happy and different. We would've shown no mercy.

Different cultures.  We have our own triggers that set off the BURN TEH NOOB reflex, and Cris doesn't set off those triggers. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im going to mention that cris is latino so he posts that gif he always posts when someone mentions he latino.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS