News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Don't Break The Chain

Started by Cainad (dec.), January 30, 2015, 04:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

yea i think this could really help me get my stand-up comedy bits written down as well as get some immediate feedback
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on February 03, 2015, 05:38:34 AM
yea i think this could really help me get my stand-up comedy bits written down as well as get some immediate feedback

Fun fact, "Don't Break The Chain" is attributed to Jerry Seinfeld, as his technique for being able to write new material at an extremely prolific rate.

So regardless of what one thinks of his comedy, it's certainly a tested methods for cranking out lots of material.

Cainad (dec.)

Every day I put updating this off, I have more entries that I'll need to transcribe when I finally do it. :horrormirth:

Been keeping up though. At this point I can't really go to sleep until I crank out at least a sentence.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on February 10, 2015, 04:53:09 PM
Every day I put updating this off, I have more entries that I'll need to transcribe when I finally do it. :horrormirth:

Been keeping up though. At this point I can't really go to sleep until I crank out at least a sentence.

Why are you not posting?
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 10, 2015, 05:05:57 PM
Tomorrow is the enemy.

True fact. If I don't deliver the goods tonight I submit myself to the Judgement of... uh, something.

I have picked up too many hobbies and find myself exhausted whenever I have the chance to post. Punching/getting punched and being hit with bamboo sticks can really take it out of you, if you aren't serious about having a good time.

The Wizard Joseph

Tomorrow is the enemy.

I like this. Both as anti procrastination and I extracted a bit more from context of 'know your enemy'.. know your tomorrow or prepare.

I've settled on reading PD every day as my don't break the chain. Think I heard a quote somewhere like 9/10ths of success is showing up. It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed. It matters much more to me that I am so often provoked to thought by what I read or am otherwise exposed to here. In some ways it's more valuable to me than the IRL socializing I usually do with my time but not in every way.

Enough that I want to carve more time out of my schedule to spend here.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 03:10:02 AM
It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed.

You stopped trying to be the zaniest guy in the room.

I knew you'd turn out to be okay.

But if you tell anyone I said that, I'll call you a liar.
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Feb 3
    Nope. Nope nope no, fuck that and fuck you. I came here on my day off and gave you a fair listen like I promised. Now I'm going to get my coat and leave, and we will not speak of this ever again. God damn it.

Feb 4
    Not a soul to be seen or heard. For the next ten minutes, we had total isolation.
    Perfect.

Feb 5
    There was so much left, it seemed impossible. Surely we'd gone through more than that.

Feb 6
    "It won't be that way. We've taken special precautions," he assured me.
    "I'll believe you, mostly because I really want to." It was the truth; there was no way these people, smart and earnest as they were, could have accounted for everything.
    I followed him to the door, behind which was the most important thing I'd ever dealt with in my life... this month, at least.

Feb 7
    I had been taking constant sips of water to avoid entering the conversation, but I miscalculated. I sat staring at the ice cubes, cursing them for not melting fast enough.

Feb 8
    She sniffed at the damp, cool forest air. The fecund smell seemed to wash away the dry, dusty residue of the city.

Feb 9
    THERE AIN'T ENOUGH CHEEZ WHIZ IN THIS WHOLE DAMN TOWN FOR YOUR BULLSHIT.
    Maybe if you quit being such an asspig for twelve continuous seconds we'd be able to unfuck this turdstorm of incompetence. But first, lunch.

Feb 10
    Everything hurt, in a way I was not prepared for. Just sitting still as a rock with half a bottle of aspirin swimming around in my blood hurt.
    Sure, in concept it's easy to understand that getting your ass kicked in a straight-up fist fight is gonna be painful. But adrenaline is a fickle bitch and once it leaves you, you're left with nothing but sandbags where your muscles should be.
    Shauna would, of course, find this hilarious. Because she's that kind of friend.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cainad (dec.)

Thanks :lol: Last one is 4% autobiographical; taking up two different martial arts at the same time for my SlackTM tends to leave me feeling a bit... tenderized.

The Wizard Joseph

They have a phrase here "direct transmission of warrior knowledge". Ya don't know till you've felt it. And you do feel it. I much prefer meditation! Come to think of it it's been a while.  My work schedule is a big part of that, but I should check in with them.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Tomorrow is the enemy.

I like this. Both as anti procrastination and I extracted a bit more from context of 'know your enemy'.. know your tomorrow or prepare.

I've settled on reading PD every day as my don't break the chain. Think I heard a quote somewhere like 9/10ths of success is showing up. It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed. It matters much more to me that I am so often provoked to thought by what I read or am otherwise exposed to here. In some ways it's more valuable to me than the IRL socializing I usually do with my time but not in every way.

Enough that I want to carve more time out of my schedule to spend here.

Sincerity makes a difference, a big one. Vulnerability is one of the hardest things to do, but also IMO one of the most valuable, because when you are being most vulnerable is when you are also showing the things that you care about most, and are most invested in, and not only are those the things that are most likely to be the best things you have worked on because you put the most into them, but also they will be the things that you are most sincere about.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2015, 03:29:54 AM
It really matters to me that I have not been ridiculed here for the more sincere thoughts I've expressed.

You stopped trying to be the zaniest guy in the room.

I knew you'd turn out to be okay.

But if you tell anyone I said that, I'll call you a liar.

Well yeah. You wrote it. In print it's libel.  :)

For real though, a big factor in that is that I have dropped two main things.

One is the pretense, delusion really, that I was a businessman. My company was real in the "Legal Zoom got me filed" sense, but I was not ready AND headed the wrong way.

The other is that I have decided to treat this place as I would any given church or temple I might walk into IRL. One I can scream fuckall in as loud as I may need to, but ultimately public and connected to me.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cainad, the 9th is my favorite.

i have been in a writey mood lately, but with almost no time to write. Appointments here, appointments there, meetings everywhere! But I have the feeling of having much to say, so I hope I can take a minute to say it here and there.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."