News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

WTF? Srlsy WTF?

Started by Thurnez Isa, August 08, 2010, 09:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

:cry:

Nothing is sacred anymore, not even the reputation of a dead man.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 09, 2010, 03:59:49 PM

Rollover:  Mr. Rogers project an air of genuine, unwavering, almost saintly pure-hearted decency.  But when you look deeper, at the person behind the image...that's exactly what you find there, too.  He's exactly what he appears to be.

Which is why he cannot be trusted and is the anti-christ.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 09, 2010, 11:55:01 AM
But is there really no dirt on this Mr Rogers character whatsoever?

All I can find about him anywhere is that he's basically the most perfect, polite, friendly, encouraging, good-hearted etc etc etc person that is conceivably possible. Nearly almost beyond what is conceivably possible, it seems.

Not a speck on him?

Is he not actually a robot from the future?

There's an urban legend that he was a sniper in 'Nam, but that's about it. Though, if I recall, he was a Christian minister. It's slightly amusing to picture him giving a fire and brimstone sermon, but again, only because it would be so uncharacteristic.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Thurnez Isa

Maybe they misspoke and meant this guy

He was kinda a jerk

YAY early 80's reference only half the board will get.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Requia ☣

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 09, 2010, 05:27:59 PM

All I can find about him anywhere is that he's basically the most perfect, polite, friendly, encouraging, good-hearted etc etc etc person that is conceivably possible. Nearly almost beyond what is conceivably possible, it seems.

Not a speck on him?

There's an urban legend that he was a sniper in 'Nam, but that's about it. Though, if I recall, he was a Christian minister. It's slightly amusing to picture him giving a fire and brimstone sermon, but again, only because it would be so uncharacteristic.

I know a few ministers who have never given one of those, I suspect he was one of them.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 09, 2010, 05:40:14 PM

Not a speck on him?

I know a few ministers who have never given one of those, I suspect he was one of them.

Likewise. One of my best friends is a minister. Still a funny image though, only because of how unlikely it seems that he would.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Prince Glittersnatch III

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SiVasR2Gzo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1SiVasR2Gzo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fox really loves to trash dead people.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Kai

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 09, 2010, 05:40:14 PM

Not a speck on him?

From the Wikipedia article, it sounds like he was ordained but never was reverend of a congregation.

QuoteFor eight years during this period, he would leave the WQED studios during his lunch breaks to study theology at the nearby Pittsburgh Theological Seminary. Rogers, however, was not interested in preaching, and after his ordination, he was specifically charged to continue his work with children's television. He had also done work at the University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School of Child Development.

Also,
Fred Rogers had a life-changing moment when he first saw television in his parents' home. He entered seminary after college, but was diverted into television after his first experience as a viewer; he wanted to explore the potential of the medium. In an interview with CNN  conducted a few years before his death, Rogers stated, "I went into television because I hated it so, and I thought there was some way of using this fabulous instrument to be of nurture to those who would watch and listen."

I didn't know he was all for VHS recording of television programs.

Quote from: F Rogers, [iSony vs. Universal[/i]]Some public stations, as well as commercial stations, program the "Neighborhood" at hours when some children cannot use it ... I have always felt that with the advent of all of this new technology that allows people to tape the "Neighborhood" off-the-air, and I'm speaking for the "Neighborhood" because that's what I produce, that they then become much more active in the programming of their family's television life. Very frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others. My whole approach in broadcasting has always been "You are an important person just the way you are. You can make healthy decisions." Maybe I'm going on too long, but I just feel that anything that allows a person to be more active in the control of his or her life, in a healthy way, is important.

The guy was a saint, okay? All he wanted to do was educate children, teach them "You are an important person just the way you are. You can make healthy decisions" and about imagination and creativity. And he used television in a way so unobtrusive and yet effective that I bet even Jerry Mander (author of 4 Arguments for the Elimination of Television, I've spoken of before) would watch Mister Roger's Neighborhood.

And this line,

QuoteVery frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others.

Is about as TFYS,S! as can be said.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Kai

I watched some Mister Rogers episodes on Youtube and started tearing up.

Doktor Howl

Fred Rogers was never in the military, NT.  He was a life-long pacifist.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 09, 2010, 08:22:12 PM
Fred Rogers was never in the military, NT.  He was a life-long pacifist.

Indeed. This is thorougly debunked in his :Talk page.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.