My... "Interests" - TRIGGER WARNING: EVERYTHING!!11!

Started by POFP, June 10, 2015, 08:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 08:07:55 PM
YOU ALL DID JUST WHAT I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DO.

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to know what someone will have been going to do?
My balls itch...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 10, 2015, 08:11:03 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 08:07:55 PM
YOU ALL DID JUST WHAT I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DO.

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to know what someone will have been going to do?

It's just a gift you have when you happen to be smarter and more logical than everyone else.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Prelate Diogenes Shandor got it right. Regardless of whether I'm sick, this was supposed to be satire, and sarcasm regarding your conclusion.

The rest of the posts ITT were pretty much unrelated nonsense that I glanced over.

Cain was funny as always, though.

Also, if you think insults and belittling is going to make me walk away from the most productive board on the planet (Well, when there's activity), then you are mistaken (Boringly so).
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 10:51:18 PM
Prelate Diogenes Shandor got it right. Regardless of whether I'm sick, this was supposed to be satire, and sarcasm regarding your conclusion.

The rest of the posts ITT were pretty much unrelated nonsense that I glanced over.

Also, if you think insults and belittling is going to make me walk away from the most productive board on the planet (Well, when there's activity), then you are mistaken (Boringly so).

Actually, Paes pointed it out quite a bit before Shandor.

I don't think anyone intends to drive you away; it's just vaguely entertaining to make fun of your dumbassery, and it started out as an attempt to get you to actually think. At this point you keep saying stupider and stupider things, which reinforces the desire to poke at you to see if you'll do it again. Like those frogs that scream if you bother them.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 11:29:09 PM

I don't think anyone intends to drive you away; it's just vaguely entertaining to make fun of your dumbassery, and it started out as an attempt to get you to actually think. At this point you keep saying stupider and stupider things, which reinforces the desire to poke at you to see if you'll do it again. Like those frogs that scream if you bother them.

Thoughtless mockery doesn't help someone think. If you want someone to "think" something, you have to know how to prod them in a way that they understand from their perspective. That's like trying to train a dog using treats that give them the shits and taste bad. I'm obviously not digesting this shit. Not that you're obligated to give me useful advice. Just don't claim that you're doing so when you obviously aren't.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Pæs

THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING. WE WERE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME, BECAUSE OF HOW IMPRESSIVELY SUBTLE AND ELEGANT YOUR APPROACH WAS.

Pæs

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:35:45 PM

Thoughtless mockery doesn't help someone think. If you want someone to "think" something, you have to know how to prod them in a way that they understand from their perspective. That's like trying to train a dog using treats that give them the shits and taste bad. I'm obviously not digesting this shit. Not that you're obligated to give me useful advice. Just don't claim that you're doing so when you obviously aren't.
Are you really explaining to Nigel how persuasion works?

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 12:06:04 AM

THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING. WE WERE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME, BECAUSE OF HOW IMPRESSIVELY SUBTLE AND ELEGANT YOUR APPROACH WAS.

Based on the reactions I got, it seemed like people thought it was a real story or something.

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 12:07:07 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:35:45 PM

Are you really explaining to Nigel how persuasion works?

I guess so. Apparently she had forgotten. It's ok, it happens sometimes.

(FYI, that's what deliberate condescension looks like.)

Pæs

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 12:23:05 AM
Based on the reactions I got, it seemed like people thought it was a real story or something.
Oh, you can read us like books!

POFP

Quote from: Pæs on June 11, 2015, 12:29:54 AM

:roll:

If the previous shitstorm had never happened, this would've gotten excellent reviews. None of you like me, so none of my work gets respect or appraisal. Not that I deserve it or am asking for it. I'm just explaining the obvious predisposed nature of your criticisms. I just didn't expect disrespect to translate into total lack of recognition or understanding. At least it seemed that way, at first.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 12:41:39 AM

If the previous shitstorm had never happened, this would've gotten excellent reviews. None of you like me, so none of my work gets respect or appraisal. Not that I deserve it or am asking for it. I'm just explaining the obvious predisposed nature of your criticisms. I just didn't expect disrespect to translate into total lack of recognition or understanding. At least it seemed that way, at first.
You know, mistaking criticism for a lack of understanding means you'll fail to learn from those around you.

Taking an absence of respect for your work as an absence of respect for you as a person means the only growth you experience will be a large persecution complex.

In your case though, you get a combination of it all... I fail to understand how you could be so dense, find what you post here to be worthless except as a target for criticizing, have seen no reason to respect you, and have seen no reason to respect what you write.
My balls itch...

POFP

Pæs

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 11, 2015, 12:41:39 AM

Read: I have determined, using my expert logic and reasoning skills, that the reason you are not entertained by my contribution is that, despite it being very good, you are all mean. My logic and reasoning skills do not extend to considering failure on my part to deliver entertaining content.

By the way, I am doing more explaining, despite historically giving lectures on subjects I was totally unqualified to comment on, I have not learned and will continue to fail in this regard. Did I mention that you are all mean?

Junkenstein

QuoteMy logic and reasoning skills do not extend to considering failure on my part to deliver entertaining content.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.