Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on December 29, 2011, 08:11:33 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 29, 2011, 12:45:13 AM
Quote from: Net on December 28, 2011, 06:18:44 AM
Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 28, 2011, 01:39:23 AM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on December 28, 2011, 01:27:55 AM
God damn it I'm bored.
I'm tempted to write a fake diary of a madman and forgetting it on the train.

I don't know what it's like in Trondheim or Hammerfest or wherever, but it's a shite day in Boston. I can understand the feeling. You want to do something but the fucking rain. You want to think of something cool, but the fucking rain. There's an idea in the back of your head but the fucking rain.

Rain? This is fucking New England, in December.

I should be outside shoveling, fighting against the snow in vain because it's still coming.

No. Just gross rain.

I don't want snow either. But I would be happy with dry and freezing. At least it would mean that shit's not out of whack.

Quit being a pussy.

I felt like riding a few miles over to my friend's house the other night in very cold rain.

So I did. Even after lifting heavy boxes all day in a giant refrigerator.

Net,
will confiscate the balls of the next person who whines about rain.

The rain is leaking into my basement and making my entire house smell  like 102-year-old cat pee.

That's just nasty.

It's a little different than allowing the rain and snow to interfere with having a good time.

As a good Portlander, I know that it's not the rain itself... it's the specific and horrible ways in which the rain interferes with one's quality of life.

Being outside in the rain? Not a problem. I do it to escape the smell.

I always wonder about people who don't want to go hiking just because it's rainy. WTF? This is Portland, are you not going to enjoy one of the most beautiful places on earth except for the  60 sunny days a year? Pish!

Also, someone should tell the n00bs that umbrellas won't help them, they'll just make people pity them for trying.

Also, what is with raincoats??? What are these people, from Sacramento or something? RAINCOATS??? Someone should send out a memo. There is one piece of protective gear that you wear when it is raining, and that is a hoodie. Not a scarf, not a raincoat. A fucking hoodie. That is as much protection as you need. If it's very cold, then a wool coat, a hat, and a scarf. This raingear business is for beginners and bike commuters.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."