News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Sarah Palin flowchart

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 01, 2008, 05:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

sweet merciful fuck pterodactyls creationists

QuoteIt is possible too that some of those huge flying reptiles, the pterosaurs, also survived Noah's Flood and lived into recent times. The Illustrated London News of February 9, 1856 (p. 166) reported that workmen digging a railway tunnel in France last century disturbed a huge winged creature at Culmont, in Haute Marne, while blasting rock for the tunnel.

The creature was described as livid black, with a long neck and sharp teeth. It looked like a bat, and its skin was thick and oily. It died soon after. Its wingspan was measured at 3.22 metres (10 feet 7 inches). A naturalist 'immediately recognised it as belonging to the genus Pterodactylus anas', and it matched the remains of known pterodactyl fossils.

American Indians have stories of creatures they call 'thunderbirds', the description of which resembles that of a pterosaur. It is possible that the reason they can describe and draw these creatures is because their ancestors saw them.

Less conclusive perhaps, but not necessarily to be dismissed, are modern claims of sightings of dinosaur-type creatures. Yet even among these there seem to be credible witnesses.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Vene

The more creationists talk, the worse their movement looks.

hooplala

Quote from: fnord mote eris on September 16, 2008, 05:23:46 PM
sweet merciful fuck pterodactyls creationists

QuoteIt is possible too that some of those huge flying reptiles, the pterosaurs, also survived Noah's Flood and lived into recent times. The Illustrated London News of February 9, 1856 (p. 166) reported that workmen digging a railway tunnel in France last century disturbed a huge winged creature at Culmont, in Haute Marne, while blasting rock for the tunnel.

The creature was described as livid black, with a long neck and sharp teeth. It looked like a bat, and its skin was thick and oily. It died soon after. Its wingspan was measured at 3.22 metres (10 feet 7 inches). A naturalist 'immediately recognised it as belonging to the genus Pterodactylus anas', and it matched the remains of known pterodactyl fossils.

American Indians have stories of creatures they call 'thunderbirds', the description of which resembles that of a pterosaur. It is possible that the reason they can describe and draw these creatures is because their ancestors saw them.

Less conclusive perhaps, but not necessarily to be dismissed, are modern claims of sightings of dinosaur-type creatures. Yet even among these there seem to be credible witnesses.

I love this story, and do whatever I can to make it credible to the masses...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

trillian

Quote"The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics began at the Fall."

This law says that the entropy ("disorder") of the universe increases over time, and some have thought that this was the result of the Curse. However, disorder isn't always harmful. An obvious example is digestion, breaking down large complex food molecules into their simple building blocks. Another is friction, which turns ordered mechanical energy into disordered heat—otherwise Adam and Eve would have slipped as they walked with God in Eden! A less obvious example to laymen might be the sun heating the earth—to a physical chemist, heat transfer from a hot object to a cold one is the classic case of the Second Law in action. Also, breathing is based on another classic Second Law process, gas moving from a high pressure to low pressure. Finally, all beneficial processes in the world, including the development from embryo to adult, increase the overall disorder of the universe, showing that the Second Law is not inherently a curse.

8)

Iason Ouabache

Eris is the goddess of evolution.  :wink:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Vene on September 16, 2008, 03:50:03 PM

Look!  It's fossil evidence!

What. the. fuck.

whoever made that apparently never saw a real human footprint.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

tyrannosaurus vex

you're all forgetting that humans and dinosaurs still roam the planet together:

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mangrove

I caught an ad last night (Entertainment Tonight?) - they were offering tips on how to steal the 'Sarah Palin' style.

Style? Putting your hair up and wearing glasses is style?

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

tyrannosaurus vex

there are plenty of women who already have that "style." librarians, Elaine in some episodes of Seinfeld, Peg Bundy, etc.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Valerie - Gone

Yeah, um, that's my everyday "style". Because I'm too lazy to make my hair look nice and deal with its length when it's windy.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Requiem on September 16, 2008, 08:40:56 PM
Quote from: Vene on September 16, 2008, 03:50:03 PM

Look!  It's fossil evidence!

What. the. fuck.

whoever made that apparently never saw a real human footprint.
Congratulations!  You are now officially smarter than a Creationist!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

hooplala

Quote from: Mangrove on September 16, 2008, 09:32:21 PM
I caught an ad last night (Entertainment Tonight?) - they were offering tips on how to steal the 'Sarah Palin' style.

They meant having a baby with Down's Syndrome.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mangrove

Quote from: Hoopla on September 17, 2008, 01:06:05 AM

Ahh...chromosomal problems...it's what all the hip kids are doing nowadays. Move over Jenkem.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

Quote from: Hoopla on September 17, 2008, 01:06:05 AM

And then slashing the Alaskan Special Olympics budget.  She's a real winner she is. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.