News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

ITT: Best Posts of the Day

Started by Cramulus, April 13, 2007, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on December 10, 2010, 01:21:57 PM
We're all hispters now.

No, wait, we're all emo kids.  Or are we all anarchists?  Environmentalists.  We are all Christine O'Donnell.  And Time Person of the Year 2006.  We are being all that we can be.  We believe we can make a difference.  We're all in this together.  We all live in a Yellow Submarine.  We're all going on a summer holiday.  We are family, I got all my sisters with me.  We are sorry, but no lines are available to take your call at this time.  We are the champions, my friends.  We are sorry, but Windows has suffered an unidentified problem and has had to close this program.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

Quote from: Charley Brown on December 16, 2010, 05:06:34 PM
If that were my ass strapped to that lampshade I would want it on a traveling display so people would never forget. Ever.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 16, 2010, 03:59:54 PM
To me, it looks like this:

There are things in the experiential universe that haven't been explained yet (Weird Shit™1).
There are things that happen in the experiential universe that don't make sense to me, in terms of how I think the universe usually works (Weird Shit™2).
The human brain can experience so-called "trancendental" states of conciousness (Weird Shit™3).

Religions, in my view, tend to take Weird Shit™3 and Weird Shit™2, combine them to prove the existence of a powerful placeholder label, which then allows them to explain Weird Shit™1.

I personally don't think you need to have "god" in there.  It's just a lot of Weird Shit.

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO= super genius philosopher without all the uppity pretentiousness and ugly.

Jenne

Quote from: Richter on December 29, 2010, 10:05:04 PM
North American Trouser Rat

An oddly xenophobic yet parasitic species, these rats only live in cold ditches, or firmly nested inside the pants of any pant-wearign species.  The trouser rat abhors people, however, and will only approach them with the bare minimum required grace, cunning, or stealth to get into their pants.  Once there, it will be far from sated, and still bitch constantly abut the pants it is inhabiting.  Outside of pants, it will likewise complain ceaselessly about its desire to get into pants.  Removal is best achieved by a swift kick to the ass, having a fucking spine and telling the rat off, or in extreme cases, restraining orders. 

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 06, 2011, 12:57:45 AM
FACT:  THE GREAT FLU EPIDEMIC OF 1918, WHICH KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN ANY OTHER SINGLE EPIDEMIC OCCURANCE, WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF PEOPLE HAD ECHINACEA.

The Good Reverend Roger: Telling it like it is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 06, 2011, 01:55:00 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 06, 2011, 12:57:45 AM
FACT:  THE GREAT FLU EPIDEMIC OF 1918, WHICH KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN ANY OTHER SINGLE EPIDEMIC OCCURANCE, WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF PEOPLE HAD ECHINACEA.

The Good Reverend Roger: Telling it like it is.

:lulz:

That's what we Holy MenTM DO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on January 12, 2011, 06:33:06 PM
Quote from: Cainad on January 12, 2011, 05:57:52 PM
okay so trying this again...

My Legally Designated Day of Being Allowed To Drink Alcohol occurs in July of this year, which means I will be of age by the time Day of Discord August 23rd, 2011 rolls around.

So, what sort of cocktail should I anticipate on that day?

On that day, you need one of these:

"Cainad's Virginity"

1 Part Smirnoff Vodka
1 Part Cuervo 1800 Gold
1 Part Apple Juice
1 Part Cranberry Juice
Splash Ginger Ale for fizz
Splash Rose's Lime

Jasper

Quote from: Placid Dingo on October 25, 2010, 10:28:58 AM
Again, not of the day, or even the year but amusing.

Recap; the Pope is dead. We knew becasue they hit him with a silver mallet.

Quote from: Great Teacher Largo on April 04, 2005, 07:50:10 PM
Quote from: Felix
Quote from: Great Teacher Largo
Quote from: FelixSilver mallet?  No shit?

They tap him on the head and call his name.  Do it twice more.  If he doesn't respond, he's dead.  That's how it works.

Oh, I thought you meant the mallet as a means to KILL him.  :twisted:

No.  That's what the Cardinal is there for.

Edit; Also let me know if there's somewhere more appropriate to recycle amusing OLD posts.

Wow.  Where the fuck did you find that?

Placid Dingo

Buried in Apple Talk, before a few hundred threads went missing.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

hooplala

Oh how I miss Eric.

Oh wait... no I don't. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Sigmatic on January 25, 2011, 01:22:49 AM
So it's not just me.  I could really go for a bag of Dick's right now.

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 25, 2011, 01:30:16 AM
Unfortunately, the truth about Sigmatic's strange craving for Dick's is that it isn't homosexual.

It's downright horrifying: http://i.imgur.com/RWbpN.jpg
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 28, 2011, 05:36:43 PM
Well, I've decided, "enough is enough", and I'm building an art detector.

TGRR,
Protecting mankind from poker-playing dogs.

:lulz:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!