News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

ITT: Best Posts of the Day

Started by Cramulus, April 13, 2007, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on January 02, 2012, 02:52:09 PM

As a current maintenance employee of a certain food franchise, I am quite aware of this. However, let me present the evidence.

A:

B:

Image A is of a fossil of the Australian Ediacaran fauna known as Dickinsonia, which existed in the Pre-Cambrian, ~560 mya.

Image B is of the Recent (Ca. ~50 ya) and extant McRib.

See a resemblance?

After observing the McRib for an extended period, I've come to the conclusion that they contain amino acids, nucleic acids, carbohydrates, lipids, and electrolytes of all kinds necessary to sustain life. In addition, and despite their stationary nature, I've noticed a curious congealing effect that occurs after heating and cooling. The lipid particles seem to migrate to the surface and form a protective phospholipid layering, just as was suspected to occur with the first cells. This suggests that after a sustained period of sunlight, the circulating biochemicals within the McRib will self organize and form replicating units, id est, life.

Prospective binomial is Riberiatus mcdonaldi. Phylum, Kingdom and Division unknown.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

Quote from: DECI4 on January 03, 2012, 10:27:01 AM
Quote from: Beardman Meow on January 03, 2012, 10:10:29 AM
Why should you enjoy being a minority?
Because you are one and it beats being upset.

Why don't we want YouTube?
We all suffer from Arbitrary Neo-Luddism. The acronym is pronounced "ANAL?"
We randomly select elements of modern technology to disapprove of.

[Proceeds to quote a whole bunch of spags saying "ANAL?" "anal??" "ANAL???" "Anal?", etc, etc]

How can you all suffer from the same arbitrary belief?

:batman:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Phox

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 05, 2012, 05:30:04 PM
Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on January 04, 2012, 11:50:10 PM
Ill leave it up to the general community whether or not i am a quality poster but i have no reason to think otherwise. This sort of this would irritate the shit out of me and i would stop posting since i would end up wasting a lot of time. There is no good reason for this.

Twid, I don't know why you're so hell-bent on responding to this asstard as though she were an actual person but I applaud both your patience and kindness. Not everyone here would be willing to give that little extra that makes this forum readable and enjoyable for the mentally deficient.

LMNO

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Cain on January 12, 2012, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 12, 2012, 01:05:01 PM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 12, 2012, 12:21:49 PM
Quote from: navkat on January 12, 2012, 12:20:49 PM
I don't mind debating almost any topic with any weirdo. I just can't tolerate the zOMFGWTF GUYS I TOOK ACID AND FOUND THE PATHWAY TO TRUE ENLIGHTENMENT set.

I have seriously never understood this.

It stems from the fact that some people couldn't figure out that Tim Leary was incredibly smart, cool, and charismatic before he ever dropped acid.

Lies.  What happened is that Leary dropped so much acid, it started not only affecting the present, but the past for him as well.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cramulus

Quote from: Waffle Iron on February 02, 2012, 09:26:54 AM
Bolognese Machiavelli

1.) Arrange to have garlic and onions cast into hot oil.
2.) The carrot and celery you must divide against themselves. Ground beef, too, shall turn upon the burner; crush any coherent resistance with a spoon of wood. Sautee until no hint of blood remains to stain your hands.
3.) Perhaps, in a dark place without witnesses, the tomato shall meet with the knife.
4.) The basil and parsley you may use without consequence. For long minutes, all shall be muddled and roil on the surface of the flame.
5.) If it is most advantageous, store cold for the proper day.

clever!

Faust

Quote from: Bu☆ns on February 13, 2012, 03:57:10 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2012, 06:02:10 PM
I am LOLmused by all the people blaming Bobby Brown for Whitney's problems. I mean, give me a fucking break.

I guess the crack pipe grew magic crack legs and magic crack arms and cracked its way up to her magic crack lips by itself?

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Gordon C

"the invisible boogie man could never be more ever-present"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on February 26, 2012, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on January 28, 2012, 02:09:44 AM
The only acid I take with my meat is acetic, balsamic and from Modena, which Alberto himself personally delivers together with some of his wife's best dairy and relatively fresh caviar  :p

You're not supposed to put it on your dick, crackerhead.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Gordon C on February 27, 2012, 04:53:44 PM

Um.  Dis here fread is for the best posts on PD, not the most banal posts on FB.
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 28, 2012, 02:41:02 AM
Quote from: Gordon C on February 27, 2012, 04:53:44 PM

Um.  Dis here fread is for the best posts on PD, not the most banal posts on FB.
Seconded.
Facebook has it's funny moments but this thread is for this forum only.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on March 13, 2012, 01:25:28 AM
I was reading about PUAs and forgot this was the pics thread until thirty seconds of thinking about why LMNO would post a nonsequitir about daylight savings time (which was funny).

HAHAHAHAHAAH I <3 U

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Hobohemian on March 16, 2012, 11:11:56 PM
OK, so hmmm.... not so much the type of response I was hoping for.  Not that I expect discordians (sic?) to be serious all the time.  But I wasn't expecting to be called an asshole because I want to use the Occupy movement as a way of spreading culture jamming.  And making fun of my spelling is kind of ridiculous.  Just the type of thing I'd expect from any random forum of internet geeks, whereas I was kinda hoping that this group would be different.  Oh well. 

I actually was a huge Fugazi fan when I was a kid, around the same time I read Illuminatus and got into that stuff.  So that's probably why I spell it "dischordian."  I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of people devoted to the sacred chao would get their panties in a bunch over how somebody spells it.  From now on maybe I should just spell it randomly differently every time just to annoy you.  And to delight any true dischordians who might be watching the carnage.

I'm particularly annoyed at the poster who tried to tell me that I was going to bring violence from the police.  Fuck you.  No really.  Maybe you don't know the difference between Occupy Oakland and any other random liberal Occupy group who sit around mentally masturbating and carrying signs all day.  Well, instead of taking the chance to learn, you lectured at me like I'm a child. 

Is that how it is here?  Every new poster is just an excuse for the "regulars" to have a few laughs?  I hate that shit.  I'm not going to waste my time here if this is just a circle jerk for malcontented pseudo-intellectual geeks.           

:potd:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Oh that's a good one. The last line is the best.

I don't usually suggest newfeeds, but that's an excellent testimonial.
Preach it!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Note: that was his second ever post on the forums.