News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Driving in Norway:

http://vimeo.com/31573731

That is a TERRIBLE thing to do to a Rambler.  That car was a CLASSIC.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2014, 12:25:41 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 07, 2014, 11:19:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2014, 09:48:00 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 07, 2014, 09:44:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2014, 07:58:40 PM
My daughter just had a similar experience to the one that generated my butthurt.

A friend of 4 years has decided that she is scorn-worthy, for no readily apparent reason.  I suggested that she merely stop talking to the person.

Someone who views you in contempt or as a means to an end is not a friend.

Similar situation that precipitated my foster-daughter's attempt at self-destruction.

Wait.  What? 

Quote from: Nigel on April 04, 2014, 08:36:28 PM
It's been a strange day. My foster kid attempted suicide at around 4am last night so I spent my morning in the ER. Right now she's OK, who knows what the future holds?

QuoteAnd the girl who decided to dump her as "best friend" has already done the same thing to a string of other girls, generally the moment they decide they are no longer interested in being told what to do and covering for her shit.

Yeah, this girl that has Keelin pissed off doesn't even have primate games as an excuse.  Just plain old mean-spiritedness.  She got Keelin to confide in her about something that had Keelin mad, and then smiled at her and told her to "stop whining".

Which seems to me to be borderline suicidal.  Keelin, though, is a good person and just walked away and hasn't had contact with her since.

Smart kid. Walking away is the only way to handle people who pull stuff like that.

Oh, shit.  How is she?

Up and down. No permanent physical damage. But, yeah, this is why I'm basically telling everyone who wants a piece of my time or energy that they can wait a while.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on April 08, 2014, 04:42:08 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2014, 12:25:41 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 07, 2014, 11:19:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2014, 09:48:00 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 07, 2014, 09:44:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2014, 07:58:40 PM
My daughter just had a similar experience to the one that generated my butthurt.

A friend of 4 years has decided that she is scorn-worthy, for no readily apparent reason.  I suggested that she merely stop talking to the person.

Someone who views you in contempt or as a means to an end is not a friend.

Similar situation that precipitated my foster-daughter's attempt at self-destruction.

Wait.  What? 

Quote from: Nigel on April 04, 2014, 08:36:28 PM
It's been a strange day. My foster kid attempted suicide at around 4am last night so I spent my morning in the ER. Right now she's OK, who knows what the future holds?

QuoteAnd the girl who decided to dump her as "best friend" has already done the same thing to a string of other girls, generally the moment they decide they are no longer interested in being told what to do and covering for her shit.

Yeah, this girl that has Keelin pissed off doesn't even have primate games as an excuse.  Just plain old mean-spiritedness.  She got Keelin to confide in her about something that had Keelin mad, and then smiled at her and told her to "stop whining".

Which seems to me to be borderline suicidal.  Keelin, though, is a good person and just walked away and hasn't had contact with her since.

Smart kid. Walking away is the only way to handle people who pull stuff like that.

Oh, shit.  How is she?

Up and down. No permanent physical damage. But, yeah, this is why I'm basically telling everyone who wants a piece of my time or energy that they can wait a while.

Sorry to hear it Nigel, glad she's alright-ish.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

I decided to crack a joke on my Microbiology homework.

Or maybe I'm just tired:

5. What about those new drugs Jack has heard about on TV? Can his girlfriend take those and
cure herself? Or at least avoid infecting him? Give some detail. 
There is no cure for herpes. The drugs help reduce the risk since they suppress outbreak of lesions and reduce healing time, but as noted before, she can still infect him even if she is asymptomatic. She probably wants those drugs anyway. I don't imagine that anyone enjoys having scabs on their stuff, never mind what Jack thinks about it. That's probably why people are always riding bikes or jogging in those commercials. Either way, they help. Not 100%, and Jack may need to get a prescription too at some point, but the risk is reduced.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2014, 08:22:08 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 07, 2014, 08:19:36 PM
I managed 10 hours last night.  It was pretty amazing.  I didn't get any sleep after my all night shift, which isn't normally the case.  So, by 10pm, I basically fell unconscious the moment I got into bed.

I was in bed by 7 PM, but then anger and 2 AM.

7 hours is decent.  It's more than I normally live on.

Cain

Also, video didn't upload yesterday.  It was like 2300 and still at 40%.  So I've started earlier today.  It's interesting how upload time does not proceed in a linear fashion - I can normally upload a half hour video in five hours, yet it took 9 hours to only get 40% of the way there.

I'm sure science could explain this.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on April 08, 2014, 08:24:20 AM
Also, video didn't upload yesterday.  It was like 2300 and still at 40%.  So I've started earlier today.  It's interesting how upload time does not proceed in a linear fashion - I can normally upload a half hour video in five hours, yet it took 9 hours to only get 40% of the way there.

I'm sure science could explain this.
Sciencytific explanation: Wireless sucks ass.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Tru dat.  Currently at 22%.  According to Youtube's expert predictions, it should only take another 1632 minutes to complete.  That's 27 hours.  And by expert predictions, I mean "almost always wrong".

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 08, 2014, 04:42:08 AM

Oh, yeah.  No worries.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

More Pit today, I think.  In an hour or two.  I have some work (choke!) to take care of first.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2014, 02:59:37 AM
Driving in Norway:

http://vimeo.com/31573731

That is a TERRIBLE thing to do to a Rambler.  That car was a CLASSIC.

THAT'S HOW WE ROLL!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger