News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

So, You Say You're Leaving PD Forever.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 02, 2012, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on January 31, 2013, 12:29:48 AM
MW was actually hacked twice in December by some white hat hackers.
After the second time Mol went to their board and called them names, so they took off the white gloves.

He also never changed his damn password which let them immediately undo anything that was trying to fixed, thus he totally took the site down. Supposedly to work on it uninterrupted.
No communication since then about what's going on, but it's starting to be believed that he's just given up on it and the place isn't coming back. Or if it does it will be completely wiped and started from scratch.

It's like a bad soap opera you just can't stop watching.

What hacker board? Link?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sita

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 31, 2013, 06:18:42 AM
Quote from: Sita on January 31, 2013, 12:29:48 AM
MW was actually hacked twice in December by some white hat hackers.
After the second time Mol went to their board and called them names, so they took off the white gloves.

He also never changed his damn password which let them immediately undo anything that was trying to fixed, thus he totally took the site down. Supposedly to work on it uninterrupted.
No communication since then about what's going on, but it's starting to be believed that he's just given up on it and the place isn't coming back. Or if it does it will be completely wiped and started from scratch.

It's like a bad soap opera you just can't stop watching.

What hacker board? Link?
Don't have a link, but think they were called p0wersurge or something close to that.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Malcolm on January 30, 2013, 02:33:58 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on January 30, 2013, 02:23:56 AM
God, it seems like everybody's doing this these days. Joining the Sons of Norway and historical viking reenactment and shit.

I know. I thought it would be all 'Rape and Pillage' not 'Read this' and 'You're doing it wrong'.

Amen. My younger brother is big into Viking history and reenactment, but he's also a startup blacksmith. It's kind of become His Thing and far as I know he isn't a douche about it.

Cain

Anna Mae Bollocks

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 14, 2013, 07:58:15 PM
Mysticwicks is still down  :lol:

After two months, I'm going to have to guess that they aren't very motivated to try to revive it.

The good news for those of us who take particular delight in trolling Pagans: A new one will pop up in its place.  :lol:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 14, 2013, 08:03:13 PM

After two months, I'm going to have to guess that they aren't very motivated to try to revive it.

The good news for those of us who take particular delight in trolling Pagans: A new one will pop up in its place.  :lol:

No doubt. Internet Paganism just seems to be too perfect a bin for collecting all kinds of spags into one place.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on February 14, 2013, 08:06:55 PM

No doubt. Internet Paganism just seems to be too perfect a bin for collecting all kinds of spags into one place.

LOTS of power and hierarchy freaks flock to internet Paganism. It's like a wonderland of despicable people.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 14, 2013, 08:10:35 PM

LOTS of power and hierarchy freaks flock to internet Paganism. It's like a wonderland of despicable people.

It's Disneyland and Mardi Gras rolled into one.

For trolling.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Partum Depression on February 14, 2013, 08:13:53 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 14, 2013, 08:10:35 PM

It's Disneyland and Mardi Gras rolled into one.

For trolling.  :lulz:

They more or less troll themselves, because they're so eager to punish anyone who doesn't do the appropriate groveling and worship of the "Elders".

The Good Reverend Roger

Suckers.  One day I'LL be an elder, too, and so I am ensuring that proper respect for the position is maintained.  Besides, I don't feel RIGHT if someone's not in charge.  It's cats & dogs fucking in the street.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 14, 2013, 09:20:30 PM
Suckers.  One day I'LL be an elder, too, and so I am ensuring that proper respect for the position is maintained.  Besides, I don't feel RIGHT if someone's not in charge.  It's cats & dogs fucking in the street.

That day always seems to arrive sooner than you think.  :lulz:

One day you're all muscles and vitality banging a hot piece of ass up against the side of a truck, and the next you're shambling down the hallway trying to figure out whether you peed yourself or whether that's just the normal leakage.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on February 14, 2013, 09:34:46 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 14, 2013, 09:20:30 PM

That day always seems to arrive sooner than you think.  :lulz:

One day you're all muscles and vitality banging a hot piece of ass up against the side of a truck, and the next you're shambling down the hallway trying to figure out whether you peed yourself or whether that's just the normal leakage.

You spend years fucking the chicken, and wake up one morning with the chicken fucking you.

Getting old ain't for sissies, after all.

But when I say "elder", I of course mean Pagan/Mormon style elders, who often don't have to shave yet, and haven't yet endured the wisdom-enhancing experience of a mass carbuncle outbreak.  They are elders by virtue of their WISDOM, you see, and the fact that they are 130th generation strega (WTF is a strega, anyway?), and their power animal is a wolf or a fox or some other cute-yet-efficient predator.

Me, I'm still working my way up.  I've reached "mayonaise" on the wisdom chart, and my power animal is the dumpster behind the Chinese food joint on Craycroft.  However, after I take my next 5 online classes, which consist of spending $50 to be told "look it up" and "do the research, I haven't got time to explain everything to noobs", I'll get wise real quick.

I'll be a crone or a high priestess or maybe even a forum guide, and YOU SUCKERS will be sadly hitting F5 on the "You've been banned" screen.

JELLUS?
\
:hammer:

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.