News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Werewolf IV Signup

Started by Remington, June 11, 2010, 07:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

It's that time again... WEREWOLF!

Except, not really. For our fourth installment of the series, I've decided to shake things up a bit. I've heard of a variant of the game called Dracula, wherein the primary antagonists of the innocent villagers are bloodthirsty vampires rather than lycanthropes.

It works like this:

At the beginning of the game, there is only one vampire: Count Dracula.

Count Dracula

Although the daily lynching process is the same as in Werewolf, during the night Count Dracula chooses one villager and converts him or her, rather than killing. This creates the beginnings of a vampire chain.

Count Dracula ---> Vampire #1

The next night, the new vampire chooses one villager to convert, adding him or her to the chain. This is repeated until a third-generation vampire is created.

Count Dracula ---> Vampire #1 ---> Vampire #2 ---> Vampire #3

Once it is passed down the Vampire #3, the vampiric curse is too weak to be passed on again. Count Dracula then starts a new chain, thusly:

\---> Vampire #4

"But Remington!" You say. "That's too unbalanced! The villagers will be overrun in days!" Not so. For when one vampire dies, all those further down his or her chain die as well.

\---> Vampire #4

||
                                 Means that
                                      ||
                                      V
                        \---> Vampire #4

Thus, multiple vampires can be eliminated in one lynch.  Should the Count himself be killed, all the vampires die and the villagers win (the vampires win when they outnumber the humans). This hierarchy means that each vampire knows only the identity of the vampire who sired them and the identity of the vampire they sired; only Dracula knows who all the vampires are.

One last thing: taking the place of the Psychic will be Dracula's nemesis, Professor Van Helsing. The player chosen to be Van Helsing can protect one person per night, shielding them from any and all vampire attacks. Should Van Helsing accidentally try to protect a vampire, a battle will ensue. If the vampire Van Helsing fights is not Dracula, he will have a 1/3 chance of killing it, escaping from it, or dying. If he does blunder into the Count, his death is assured.

What do you guys think? Registration is open, as are suggestions for adding/removing elements of the game.
Is it plugged in?

bds

\o/ Sounds like an awesome variant! I want in. :D

Remington

Players:

1. BDS
2. Sigmatic
3. Dimo
4. Risus
5. Mistress Freeky
6. GIGGLES, LAWL
7. Rumckle
8. Wondering Monk
9. ThatGreenGentleman
10. Vicious Commander of the Swamp Yankees
11. Dr. James Semaj
12. Doktor Howl
13. Jenne
14. FERD
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Chairman Risus

Freeky

As long as we aren't fucking sparkly, I'm in. :D

Chairman Risus

Isn't this stacked in favor of the vampires, though? Why doesn't Dracula just tell all of the hellspawn who each other are?

GIGGLES

BUTTER MY NIPPLES!

I MEAN, SIGN ME UP BITCH!

Telarus

btw, I wrote a version of werewolf staring Anonymous (villagers), and Undercover Scientologists (wolves) an an X-Day concert (Sub-G's end-of-the-world rock concert) where the Aliens actually showed up.

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Rumckle

It's been too long since I've accused people of being vampires, sign me up, plz.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Remington

Quote from: Risus on June 12, 2010, 12:47:00 AM
Why doesn't Dracula just tell all of the hellspawn who each other are?
He can, if he wants to.
Is it plugged in?

Jasper

Or he can tell them all contradictory information to make it confusing as fuck for everybody.

Wondering Monk

Count me in, looks interesting

ThatGreenGentleman

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.