News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

PI with Malice Aforethought: Tucson Edition

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 02, 2013, 03:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 03, 2013, 05:31:39 PM
Something tells me that might be a foreshadowing of the weird at Club Congress.

If she takes out the creepers, I'm all for it.  :lol:

1.  Optimist.   :lulz:

2.  There are no creepers at CC.  It's all-ages.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 05:37:29 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 03, 2013, 05:31:39 PM
Something tells me that might be a foreshadowing of the weird at Club Congress.

If she takes out the creepers, I'm all for it.  :lol:

1.  Optimist.   :lulz:

2.  There are no creepers at CC.  It's all-ages.

:aaa: :aaa: :aaa:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Is that the underpass that fills with water when it rains?

Everybody's fucked.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 06:35:27 PM
Is that the underpass that fills with water when it rains?

Everybody's fucked.

One of the two.

4th Avenue and Stone street both flood completely, right up to the structure of the railroad above.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nurse Enabler

Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

Sister_Gothique

I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Part 3

The viaduct is really only about as wide as a two lane road, perhaps 30 seconds to walk under.  15 seconds in, though, Jimmy began to freak out. 

"How long IS this fucking tunnel?"

"Um, about 150 feet."

"But we've been walking for 15 minutes."

"No, we haven't.  Jimmy, calm yourself.  You know how this place can be."

A moment later, we stepped out of the tunnel...Into the neon glare and sodium light brilliance of the Legal District.  To our left was a Chapel to the Black Madonna.  Heather and Jenn pointed at it.

"We need some churchifying!", Jenn said.

"Yes.  We need sanctification!", Heather responded.  Missy just skated in wide circles.

What could we do?  We went to church.  It was an average church, and old store front repurposed as a shrine.  Next to the bundle of wires and glass that was the icon/altar stood the ubiquitous scowling old man in full regalia, glaring at us with hooded eyes.

"Sup, Padre!", Missy hollered, "We need your services, for we are HEROES!"

"Damn straight", I added, "We are in fact heroes and we come to the district seeking sin."

"So we need to be shriven and blessed first", Heather finished.

The old man just grunted, still scowling, and thumped the side of the icon.  It sprang to life, glowing a dark blue, it's halo sputtering on and off, as it delivered the benediction in a crackling, disjointed voice:

You became as lambs, and were thus shorn.
You beat your swords into plowshares, and were thus enslaved by those who still had swords.
So, come, beat your plowshares into hooks, and I shall make thee fishers of men.

It then made a popping and hissing noise, and went silent (though the halo still sputtered).  We figured that was enough of a blessing for a night out carousing, though, so we left...The old man still scowling at us.

The short service seemed to have allowed Jimmy to get his feet back under him, so we headed down Congress Street toward the club.  We passed an alleyway, and I saw a familiar looking man with Russian features, talking to three working girls.  We nodded at each other, though I didn't remember exactly who he was.

Jimmy asked me something.  I didn't catch it, because I was looking at the Russian guy, so I asked him to repeat it.

"When you were in the army, did you ever know a Sergeant Major Morse?"

"Um, I was never in the army, Jimmy."

"Yes you were."

"No, I thought about it, but my great uncles talked me out of it.  So I went to school and took a PhD in physics.  Tribology, specifically.  The study of friction.  Not very sexy, but it pays the bills."

"Bullshit.  Let me see your stomach."

I pulled my shirt up, and he looked at my stomach.  "Where'd your fucking scar go?"

"What scar?"

"Yesterday, you had a shrapnel scar on your gut."

I looked at him, and pointed back to the bridge.  "That was out there.  Maybe I was a vet with scars out there.  Maybe you were from somewhere out East.  North Carolina, maybe.  But we're in here now, and none of that matters.  You know this."

Heather spoke up, "Hey, guys?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up.  We are now fishers of men.  haha."

I looked at the women.  Their pupils had shrunk to pin pricks.

"We're going to the club", Jenny said.

"We're going to drink many whiskey", Missy added, "Or we can't be held accountable.  We are fishers of men, and you are men."

What the hell could we do?  We walked down the block, toward the club.

to be continued

LMNO

Oh, man.  I am ]loving this.  I got a brief sense of what was happening when you went under the bridge, but the reveal was perfect.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 04, 2013, 03:57:07 PM
Oh, man.  I am ]loving this.  I got a brief sense of what was happening when you went under the bridge, but the reveal was perfect.

A little more today, I think.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Interlude

Agent Morris looked at the detective.  "What kind of drug-addled nonsense is this?  He needs to come to the point."

The detective looked at Morris.  "Shut up.  No matter why you're here, this is MY precinct and MY interrogation room, and we do things MY way.  And that means we get the WHOLE STORY.

"I can get the whole story out of him a lot quicker."

"Yes, I imagine you think you can.  Me, on the other hand, I want him to want to tell us."

Good cop, bad cop.  Heh.

"I think I need to go talk to the commissioner.  Get this jackass transferred over to me.  Then we'll watch him sing."

"You go right the fuck ahead.  And while you're doing THAT, I'll be getting answers.  If you want answers, you federal prick, you just sit your ass back down and shut the fuck up."

Agent Morris sat down with a scowl on his face.

"Now, sir, please continue your story."

The Good Reverend Roger

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger