News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

TOG's newest song (mostly) finished!

Started by That One Guy, January 23, 2009, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Guy

Hi All -

I haven't been around much the past couple months due to a bunch of factors, not the least of which is my band (Velvet Stylus) has been in the studio whenever we've gotten the chance. Well, I've finally got something to show for the effort!

Take a listen to the (mostly finished) latest mix of our song Inside Your Mind here at our MySpace.

We play neo-soul(ish) R&B/funk, and this is a ballad of sorts, so I understand it probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I just thought people might be interested to hear what it is my band does. Criticism and commentary is certainly welcome - just remember the mix isn't completely finished yet (and we still have to record the keyboard solo at the end) and we'll probably end up tweaking some stuff before we call it truly finished.

Hope you enjoy it!
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Richter

I'll DL and drop comments when I'm off the work computer.

Good to see you back!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

we've missed you TOG! I dig this track.

Raphaella

Oooooooooooooooooooh This is amazing! Great work, I wish I lived up near you so I could go see your shows, you do play out right? Anyway this track is pure win! When will you have a full album, or do you already have one?
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

That One Guy

Quote from: Sanguine Penguin on January 23, 2009, 04:33:54 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooh This is amazing! Great work, I wish I lived up near you so I could go see your shows, you do play out right? Anyway this track is pure win! When will you have a full album, or do you already have one?

Glad you like it! We're working on getting a few more tracks finished up but for right now it's just this one. Unfortunately due to weird schedules and the need to fit our studio time in randomly (we get access to a SWEET studio that our drummer works at for $20 an hour, at the cost of having to fit our recording in around the more highly-paying customers), the process has been slow. We've got 3 more songs lined up, but they probably won't get finished for a few months at the earliest.

For now, everyone will just have to get by with this  :mrgreen:

Also, I love that pic Cram  :lulz:
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Raphaella

That's too bad, but at least you get to record in a good studio and for a good price too. I know all too well about conflicting schedules sometimes it's like a gift from the gods when a window opens up for everyone to get together and work on stuff. But you have something good here I can't wait for the album.

And Cram :lulz: that Bass is funky!
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ