News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

ATTN: ADMINS

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 15, 2012, 06:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

...are you saying that someone from that list gave out PI to a Uncle BadTouch cohort?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 16, 2012, 06:37:27 PM
...are you saying that someone from that list gave out PI to a Uncle BadTouch cohort?

I'm saying it's a possibility.  Some people on that list no longer think of me as a friend, after all, and a couple of them have expressed their need to teach me a thing or two.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Maybe it's because I'm in a regulatory position, but that kind of stuff is really vile... if that's what happened, of course.

East Coast Hustle

So, in other words, this has nothing at all to do with whether or not profiles are publicly viewable?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic to what happened to your dad. That shit is fucked up and if it had happened to me I wouldn't be acting nearly as reasonably as you are. But speaking from a strictly administrative standpoint it doesn't seem like your troubles are in any way related to whether or not guests can view profiles.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 16, 2012, 06:51:23 PM
Maybe it's because I'm in a regulatory position, but that kind of stuff is really vile... if that's what happened, of course.

I have no idea.  The address used on the original mailing list would have led where the letter arrived, and a google of my full name would have done the same thing, because my father and I share a name, though not in the same order.  If you recall, I stayed with him for a while when my kids first moved out here with me.  That was when the first mailing list went out.

And it was a BIG list, if you recall.  Well over a hundred names, and at least 5 of those people have since joined My People, and have expended a great deal of effort in the past with the intent of making my life difficult.  3 of those people were not on the second list, which used my current address.

On the other hand, I haven't been particularly careful with my last name, and a google of that would lead to my father's doorstep, as I have an unpublished number.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

If they got it from the white pages and not the mailing list, wouldn't it show a different first name?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 06:56:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 16, 2012, 06:51:23 PM

I have no idea.  The address used on the original mailing list would have led where the letter arrived, and a google of my full name would have done the same thing, because my father and I share a name, though not in the same order.  If you recall, I stayed with him for a while when my kids first moved out here with me.  That was when the first mailing list went out.

And it was a BIG list, if you recall.  Well over a hundred names, and at least 5 of those people have since joined My People, and have expended a great deal of effort in the past with the intent of making my life difficult.  3 of those people were not on the second list, which used my current address.

On the other hand, I haven't been particularly careful with my last name, and a google of that would lead to my father's doorstep, as I have an unpublished number.

OK. Never mind.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 16, 2012, 06:52:45 PM
So, in other words, this has nothing at all to do with whether or not profiles are publicly viewable?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic to what happened to your dad. That shit is fucked up and if it had happened to me I wouldn't be acting nearly as reasonably as you are. But speaking from a strictly administrative standpoint it doesn't seem like your troubles are in any way related to whether or not guests can view profiles.

That's pretty much the case (it seems), though that MIGHT be where they got my last name.  It's not outside of the realm of possibility, but is looking less and less likely.

Still, the idea of one of these creeps paging through my posts puts my hackles up.

But, in the final analysis, I'm not gonna push the issue anymore.  Life's too short.

Sorry for the hassle.

East Coast Hustle

Nah, no worries man. It's better to have discussed the issue and gotten everyone's feedback on it. And now it's on the radar so that if it does become a more pressing issue I won't feel like I have to have this conversation again before acting.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

RWHN is currently scouring this thread, desperately looking for shit that I won't care about.

:lulz:

DOUR,
Thinks he has trouble with the term "beyond the pale".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on November 16, 2012, 11:40:08 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 16, 2012, 03:04:16 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 16, 2012, 02:25:45 AM
Being the pessimistic cynic I am when it comes to the internet, my guess is that the only true way to protect your information from stalkers on the internet is to not post it on the internet.

HEY...

Fuck off.

Not trying to be difficult, but the reality is, if someone REALLY wants to find stuff, and has even a reasonable amount of internet skills, they will find it.  I could care less about what switches get turned on or off here, but if the goal is to keep a committed stalker (read: completely obsessive) at bay, it's not going to stop them. 

All they have to do is make an account and lurk, or not act as an obvious jackass. 

It's why I am VERY protective of information.  There's a reason only two people on this site know my real name, it's why I don't post pics anymore, it's why I've not posted info about my education.

The fewer crumbs we leave the less likely someone we don't want finding us, will find us.

Ah, here we are.

Look at him.  Look at him and laugh.

The Good Reverend Roger

Strangely enough, the retraction RWHN was babbling about is nowhere to be found.

HOW CAN THIS BE?

AFK

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 16, 2012, 06:12:33 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 16, 2012, 11:40:08 AM
Being the pessimistic cynic I am when it comes to the internet, my guess is that the only true way to protect your information from stalkers on the internet is to not post it on the internet.

HEY...

Fuck off.

Not trying to be difficult, but the reality is, if someone REALLY wants to find stuff, and has even a reasonable amount of internet skills, they will find it.  I could care less about what switches get turned on or off here, but if the goal is to keep a committed stalker (read: completely obsessive) at bay, it's not going to stop them. 

All they have to do is make an account and lurk, or not act as an obvious jackass. 

It's why I am VERY protective of information.  There's a reason only two people on this site know my real name, it's why I don't post pics anymore, it's why I've not posted info about my education.

The fewer crumbs we leave the less likely someone we don't want finding us, will find us.

No, you weren't trying to be difficult.  You were trying to be smug.  My father got hassled, I'm obviously pissed about it and the PI they got to actually send the letter didn't come out of any threads.  So the OBVIOUS fucking thing to do is lecture at me like I'm a Goddamn idiot who left his FATHER'S street address on a thread.

Again, fuck off.  Find someone else to whom you can condescend.  Assmonkey.

This was the first time in this thread there was any specific mention of your father in this thread.  Now, please show me the subsequent post where I "dig my heels in"

That's going to be tough because i made ZERO posts after this. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 07:42:09 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 16, 2012, 06:12:33 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 16, 2012, 11:40:08 AM

HEY...

Fuck off.

No, you weren't trying to be difficult.  You were trying to be smug.  My father got hassled, I'm obviously pissed about it and the PI they got to actually send the letter didn't come out of any threads.  So the OBVIOUS fucking thing to do is lecture at me like I'm a Goddamn idiot who left his FATHER'S street address on a thread.

Again, fuck off.  Find someone else to whom you can condescend.  Assmonkey.

This was the first time in this thread there was any specific mention of your father in this thread.  Now, please show me the subsequent post where I "dig my heels in"

That's going to be tough because i made ZERO posts after this. 

Just one look into your eyes
One look and I'm crying
'Cause you're so beautiful

Just one kiss and I'm alive
One kiss and I'm ready to die

Just one touch and I'm on fire
One touch and I'm crying

Just one smile and I'm wild
One smile and I'm ready to die

Oh and you're so beautiful
My darling
Oh you're so beautiful
You're so beautiful
Oh my baby
You're so beautiful
And you're so beautiful
Oh my darling
Oh my baby
And you're so beautiful

The Good Reverend Roger

Where's the part where you "cleared that up?"