News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Intelligent Design students who get 20% of their grades from trolling..

Started by Captain Utopia, August 10, 2009, 05:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quotememe
is my least favourite word ever. it makes me cringe and gag and want to kill people. i has been used TOO MANY TIMES in the last 4 threads i have read
STOP. STOPPPPP!!!!!!! IM GOING TO BLOW UP THE INTERNETS SOON. JUST STOP ITTTTTTT

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Pir Pariah on August 10, 2009, 07:39:58 PM
:spittake:
What the fuck is this shit?
He keeps giving me shit for no reason I can figure out, through different threads, for over a week now.

I don't want a fight, but I'm not going to just put up with that.

fomenter

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 10, 2009, 07:45:13 PM
Quotememe
is my least favourite word ever. it makes me cringe and gag and want to kill people. i has been used TOO MANY TIMES in the last 4 threads i have read
STOP. STOPPPPP!!!!!!! IM GOING TO BLOW UP THE INTERNETS SOON. JUST STOP ITTTTTTT
    /
THIS
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Captain Utopia

Quotememe
Is it the word or the idea behind the word that bugs you? I'd happily use a synonym if it expressed a deeper meaning to the concept.

LMNO

I'm guessing we're gonna start seeing the No Meme Hamster Cabal pretty soon.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 07:47:37 PM
Quotememe
Is it the word or the idea behind the word that bugs you? I'd happily use a synonym if it expressed a deeper meaning to the concept.

its the WORD.

Pariah

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 07:46:08 PM

He keeps giving me shit for no reason I can figure out,
I don't want a fight, but I'm not going to just put up with that.

Quotememe
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

fomenter

its a half ass-ed concept to start with, when it was used sparingly it communicated information (sometimes) now its fucking word salad to me fuck that word..,
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Pariah

Captain Utopia

Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 10, 2009, 07:48:33 PM
Quotememe
its the WORD.
Without an appropriate synonym, how is that different from saying "let's not talk about XXXX" any more? Should I use "emem" instead?

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i dunno i usually call it the evil word that cannot be named
its like the voldemort of language

LMNO

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 10, 2009, 07:52:53 PM
Quote from: ✡ Rabbi ✡ Fred ✡ on August 10, 2009, 07:48:33 PM
Quotememe
its the WORD.
Without an appropriate synonym, how is that different from saying "let's not talk about XXXX" any more? Should I use "emem" instead?

Is your IRL name Ben Mack, by any chance?

Captain Utopia

Quote from: fomenter on August 10, 2009, 07:51:39 PM
its a half ass-ed concept to start with, when it was used sparingly it communicated information (sometimes) now its fucking word salad to me fuck that word..,
In what way do you think the concept behind emems is half-assed?

I'd absolutely agree that the science behind their construction and detection and experimentation is in its infancy, but is that a reason to throw it out with the bathwater?

Pariah

Your making out the word that cannot be named to be a much bigger thing then it is. There is much more important shit than it.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: LMNO on August 10, 2009, 07:55:25 PM
Is your IRL name Ben Mack, by any chance?
No, for one, when I hear the word marketting, I always think of in variations of Bill Hicks.