News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

...and in the end, he had to be wheeled out.

Started by AFK, January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2009, 08:06:42 PM

anyway, somebody on IRC likened him to Dr Strangelove :)

Charles Krauthammer is the Dr Strangelove of Neoconservativism.  He sits in a wheelchair and constantly calls for the nuking of Iran, before it was cool.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Iptuous on January 20, 2009, 09:00:57 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on January 20, 2009, 08:18:01 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2009, 08:10:18 PM
nonono that was 38. I got my bases covered.

.38 is Special.
:lol:

67 is interesting as well.
QuoteSixty-seven is the 19th prime number (the next is 71), an irregular prime, a lucky prime, and the sum of five consecutive primes (7 + 11 + 13 + 17 + 19)

Wikipedia makes every number special... I just wonder who the hell is so completely devoid of life that they make wiki entries for random numbers.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Triple Zero

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 20, 2009, 09:43:29 PM
Quote from: Iptuous on January 20, 2009, 09:00:57 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on January 20, 2009, 08:18:01 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2009, 08:10:18 PM
nonono that was 38. I got my bases covered.

.38 is Special.
:lol:

67 is interesting as well.
QuoteSixty-seven is the 19th prime number (the next is 71), an irregular prime, a lucky prime, and the sum of five consecutive primes (7 + 11 + 13 + 17 + 19)

Wikipedia makes every number special... I just wonder who the hell is so completely devoid of life that they make wiki entries for random numbers.

I also named it because it's been found that it's the number people are most likely to forget in lists of random numbers below 100 :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

indigoblade

What?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM
I think with all of the hoopla, pomp, and circumstance

I get me and Hoopla, but who the hell is Circumstance?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

"Sir Cumstance" would be a nice discordian name, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Idem

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM
I think with all of the hoopla, pomp, and circumstance of today's Inauguration, perhaps the greatest symbol of the ceremonies was Dick Cheney in that wheel chair.  The images of he and George W. Bush entering the grandstand.  Bush, standing, but with a look of heavy and cumbersome relief that his end is finally nigh.  Cheney, hunched in that wheel chair, like a decrepit, Igor being wheeled to justice.  The clear disdain etched on his face for having to exist in that moment and in that capacity. 

They are announced to the crowds and the boos, chants, and jeers did start.  And it was to be expected.  One cannot face the end of oppressive mediocrity and not be overtaken by the need to give voice to the emotions and feelings inside.  George W. Bush is seated, Dick Cheney wheeled to his spot to witness history.  And his spot was behind a clear, fiberglass partition.  Yet another poignant metaphor of what the rest of his miserable life will be.  Hiding from history.  Hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep and not by the bullet of an enraged widow of a Gulf War vet. 

His disposition at this moment in time so very apropos.  A symbol, that in the end, not even he, Dick Cheney could escape this administration unharmed.  He was foiled by the simple act of lifting a box that inevitably contained some piece of his past 8 years.  It is fitting to see that not even he, can be untouched by the weight and burden of what he, and his friend George W. Bush, had created.
:mittens:

Pariah

Reminded me of Mr.Potter from It's A Wonderful Life.

I thought it was almost sad when him and bush were walking were walking through the capital.
Cheney had to make a turn for the wheelchair ramp but Bush kept on walking without even noticing. There was this weird look of like anguish on his face.
Like this  :x
Is it weird for me to feel sorry for me?
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

Bump, because it's just that good.

Fuck it.  Stickied until Roger gets over the fact that Bush is gone.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

I just showed this to my father, and he about had a seizure, he was laughing so hard.

He says RWHN should be a syndicated columnist, as this sort of verbal flogging is wasted on the internet.

I am emailing it to The Terrible Old Man (ie, my ancient, perverse, and warped grandfather) on my father's suggestion.

Pariah

Cheney also looked almost like FDR except more evil and slightly more East-European-Dictator-Reviewing-The-Troopsish
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!