News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

ATTN: ECH

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, August 31, 2008, 03:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Not that you're incredibly interested, but we talked about  it briefly the other night.

I went to our Total Wine store (heaven) :)   and I was checking out their Cream Sherries, Ports and other dessert wines.
I picked up a sherry that I saw online when I was looking it up called Alvear Solera.

The bottle makes it look like it was made in grandma's tub, which really made me want to try it since I found an amaretto of the same nature that's better than "big label" stuff.

Whole.Different.Ball.Park.

Apparently it has like a 90 or 91 rating. The color, aroma, taste, everything about it is different from the cheap stuff at about $8 more. So worth it. It's almost too good to cook with (but I wouldn't quite go that far since I'm a foody)

But like I said, you're probably not that into it but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Goes good with chocolate. (Lindt milk chocolate w/ orange)

East Coast Hustle

my interest is piqued.

I shall endeavor to find myself a bottle.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

it's good stuff man.

i've been "tasting" it all evening ;)

Triple Zero

Quote from: Squiddy on August 31, 2008, 03:11:11 AM(Lindt milk chocolate w/ orange)

this.

also goes very well with (tawny) port. though for together with that, i usually prefer the Lindt without added stuff (but not too pure/bitter, the medium creamy kind)

anyway, excellent choice in chocolate ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.