News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

WHERE DO YOU GO? (not a rhetorical question)

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, October 12, 2012, 09:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 13, 2012, 12:55:25 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on October 13, 2012, 12:45:32 AM
Right, so, it doesn't matter whether you go to a party and try to make the grandest old time you can, or go and stand in the corner saturated in misery. I mean the party's going to be over in the morning, right?  :kingmeh:

Pretty sure that wasn't his point.

It wasn't where I thought it was going until the last paragraph, which seems to say exactly that.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

tyrannosaurus vex

That is not what the point was. It's just a friendly reminder that the clock is ticking. I have a dim view of every possible activity we can engage in to pass the time until our time is up, but that's on me. You should, naturally, prefer something to something else. There's no wrong answer, and there's no right answer. The clock is ticking. It's getting cold outside.

Get up. Get moving. Warm your bones.

Winter's coming.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: V3X on October 13, 2012, 03:15:48 AM
That is not what the point was. It's just a friendly reminder that the clock is ticking. I have a dim view of every possible activity we can engage in to pass the time until our time is up, but that's on me. You should, naturally, prefer something to something else. There's no wrong answer, and there's no right answer. The clock is ticking. It's getting cold outside.

Get up. Get moving. Warm your bones.

Winter's coming.

The tick tock tick tock never ends.

A girl with a nice ass walks past you, your eyes go south....

Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock
Left cheek up
Right cheek up
Left cheek up...

What does it matter?

Isn't there something more important that you should do?

October is sometimes a horrible month.

Bass
Snare
Bass
Snare

It's so cold. It's so cold nothing that I ingest will warm me.

Nevertheless, her butt goes ticktockticktock

Everything is in tempo, at about 135 bpm.

Don't believe me?

Your sense of timing is fucked then. Tap it out.

I walk home as quickly as possible.
Bass
Snare
Bass
Snare......................................
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Blood drop

Blood drop

Blood drop

Hey, dude. That's an egg timer. It's got blood in it thought.

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

That's my blood you know.

Yours too.

I'll die sooner, but ah.... try to convince that guy to reset it when you can.

And Paul said, "It's later than you think it is...."

Paul said that a long time ago....

Paul said that before he really should have.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Yeah man, that looks good... clockwork.

My glass is progressively draining, like sand in the hourglass.

I'm happy. I think. And if I am not, don't tell me.

Drip drop drip drop
Tick tock tick tock

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 13, 2012, 05:10:08 AM
Brainstem's taking a shit I guess.

Mine does that.

Cheap American-built shit that it is.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

Where do you go?

Today I saw an asshole in a truck plastered with campaign stickers. He stopped his truck in traffic, popped his fat ass out of the driver's seat, and waddled in his overpriced suit to a lawn by the road where he stooped and removed a competitor's campaign sign. He tossed it in his truck and got going again, but it was too late for any of the 7 or 8 cars behind him to make it through the green light. He got through, just barely, on the yellow, the lucky bastard.

For him, there are no rules. And that's an important thing to remember because he's one of the guys whose job is to make the rules. They have it figured out. It's all bullshit. Well, all except for one fleeting detail. This bullshit train, like any train, has a caboose. He knows where he goes: wherever the fuck he wants. Where do you go?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on October 13, 2012, 05:22:22 AM
Where do you go?

Today I saw an asshole in a truck plastered with campaign stickers. He stopped his truck in traffic, popped his fat ass out of the driver's seat, and waddled in his overpriced suit to a lawn by the road where he stooped and removed a competitor's campaign sign. He tossed it in his truck and got going again, but it was too late for any of the 7 or 8 cars behind him to make it through the green light. He got through, just barely, on the yellow, the lucky bastard.

For him, there are no rules. And that's an important thing to remember because he's one of the guys whose job is to make the rules. They have it figured out. It's all bullshit. Well, all except for one fleeting detail. This bullshit train, like any train, has a caboose. He knows where he goes: wherever the fuck he wants. Where do you go?

He may make the rules, but I key the fuck out of his car.

It's all about the small victories.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: V3X on October 13, 2012, 05:22:22 AM
Where do you go?

You think that you know where you're going.

And that's how everyone ends up on the subway rather than Amtrak.

Funny thing is, how the hell did you get on Amtrak?

If you started out in Boston, I can offer you a couple of possibilities.

Thing is Boston is not America. Boston isn't even Providence, even though there is little to separate the two other than Southern Mass, where we think EoC lives, but really, should we take his word on the matter? No. Boston's a phenomenon. If you've never lived here, you won't understand. And we're not trying to compete with the weirdness that is Providence, or Tucson, or Portland Oregon. No. The only thing we can compete with there is the permanence of Tucson. Where Tucson is a whole being, Boston and Providence are twins. But which twin are you getting? I don't even know half the time. I only know that I am a Bostonian that enjoys being in Providence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sometimes, when I can, I go home to my family. We sit around and crack jokes and talk about the week and make food together and then eventually we all drift off to bed, grateful that we don't have to rise to the alarm in the  morning.

Sometimes, when I can, I go out with my friends, and we drink a couple of drinks and eat some food we didn't have to make and talk about people we know and what's been happening in our lives.

Sometimes, when I can, I go to a house where a child who has been either abandoned by a parent or who was taken away from a parent lives, hopefully a good house but often not such a good house, and I listen to the child talk about events in her life. And then I come home and I put my arms around my children and I sit on the internet and type things and then I try to go to sleep.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 13, 2012, 04:39:36 AM
Tick
Tock

True story: This is written over the door to my room. That way when I leave I can remember that my time may be finite.

But I can't anyone where I go when I leave. It's just not something people understand.
This space for rent.