News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

The Chronicles of Calamity Nigel

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 10, 2010, 09:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Funny how cameras make the uncomfy facts less unappealing.

Although I could almost see how, with a bit of polishing and tidying, it could be turned into a cool art thing.  As if it would ever happen. :/

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 14, 2010, 01:30:09 AM
Funny how cameras make the uncomfy facts less unappealing.

Although I could almost see how, with a bit of polishing and tidying, it could be turned into a cool art thing.  As if it would ever happen. :/

I like the idea of making it into an art installation... "My Housemate's Bedroom". Impractical, though.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

These images amuse me! Morbo is pleased!

fogukaup

:lulz: that room is crazy. A friend told me you can be executed in North Korea for hoarding. How can you think clearly in all the clutter? Someday you should open up the house  as an "estate sale" with all the bones hanging from the ceiling price marked ridiculously high.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: fogukaup on March 14, 2010, 03:06:28 AM
:lulz: that room is crazy. A friend told me you can be executed in North Korea for hoarding. How can you think clearly in all the clutter? Someday you should open up the house  as an "estate sale" with all the bones hanging from the ceiling price marked ridiculously high.

Since she is an amazingly talented artist, it's not totally unlikely that I can someday retire on her left-behind scraps.

Executed for hoarding?! Holy shit, that's pretty extreme.

fogukaup

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 14, 2010, 03:10:24 AM

Since she is an amazingly talented artist, it's not totally unlikely that I can someday retire on her left-behind scraps.

What kind of art does she make?

Jasper

:lulz: that room is crazy. A friend told me you can be executed in North Korea for hoarding. How can you think clearly in all the clutter? Someday you should open up the house  as an "estate sale" with all the bones hanging from the ceiling price marked ridiculously high.

Pretty much looking at someone wrong can get you killed there.  It's like Mos Eisley, except the gangsters own the government.

... Moving on ...

Storebrand

I feel the urge to hoard all the time.  I see things a lot like the objects in the pictures and I want to take them home with me but I know my living space would end up looking like that, so I don't.  Or I do and if I don't turn it into something awesome inside of three weeks I throw it out.  It's hard.  I'm busy all the time due to work and the lack of satisfaction from getting to create something really drags me down.  For the past few years I've transitioned from making things just to please me to buying things I feel other people think I should have.  If that makes sense.  You prolly don't care but this plus a nudge from a friend recently will probably result in me starting on a project that has been in the back of my mind for over 5 years now.  Thanks.

Edit:  never fucking mind

the last yatto

maybe try to get her to try book crossing, a few books here and there might do some good of helping her let go...
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: fogukaup on March 14, 2010, 04:50:20 AM

Incredibly intricate pen & ink, and also shadowboxes of creepiness.

fogukaup

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 14, 2010, 07:04:25 PM
Quote from: fogukaup on March 14, 2010, 04:50:20 AM

sounds like a cool housemate

Incredibly intricate pen & ink, and also shadowboxes of creepiness.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on March 14, 2010, 03:10:24 AM

I think it is a slightly different sort of hoarding.  More the hoarding things that could be used for either production or food sort of hoarding.  Not that I think people should be executed for it mind you, but it makes more sense than executing people for hoarding neat but basically useless stuff.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh hey, I forgot about this thread! Perhaps tomorrow I will talk about the house on Grand that my friend Pete just bought, and what we found and did up in the hole-inside-a-hole.

Sunday I will talk a little about Blow Pony. It might be terrible, but you never know.