News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Cards Against Humanity

Started by Cramulus, January 20, 2012, 06:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I wanted to share this kopyleft game I found on the net. You can buy a deck real cheap, or make one yourself. They give away the PDF for free, you just have to print it (preferably on cardstock) and cut it out.

http://www.cardsagainsthumanity.com/

The game has a lot in common with Apples To Apples. Everybody gets 10 white cards, which are basically nouns.

You take turns being the Czar. The Czar draws a black card, which is like a category or question. Everybody passes the Czar a white card (face down) which they think best answers that question or fits in that category. Then the Czar decides which of the white cards was the most hilarious answer. That player gets a point.

For example:

We've been talking a lot about copyright and the entertainment industry. If we don't like the MPAA et al, what's the alternative? Cards Against Humanity is facing in the right direction, it's an example of a cool game that came from the copyleft movement. The creators set up a kickstarter, quickly received 300% of the money they wanted for the game, and released it to the public. They got paid, and we all get free entertainment.

I am printing these out RIGHT NOW.

kingyak

Best combo:

Black Card: [Blank] + [Blank] = [Blank]
Play: Being Rich + Dead Parents = Batman
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Juana

I need this. I'm going to go find some cardstock and maybe get them laminated, because this sounds all kinds of amazing.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Murmur

I love Apples To Apples, so this looks absolutely hilarious! Must. Have.
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Rumckle

Dude, this looks freaking sweet! Thanks for the link
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

kingyak

If anyone's still not sold, there's a "Pac-Man Uncontrollably Guzzling Cum" card.

Somebody showed up in the middle of a game last week and asked me if it was my company's game. I told them "No, but I really, really wish we'd thought of it."
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Rumckle

My friends and I played this last night, I haven't laughed so hard in a while (or at the same time felt like a terrible person).

The only problem I found is that there are many cards that are difficult to make a funny answer with unless you play them in conjunction with something else.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.