News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

the golden fiddle

Started by Left, July 05, 2013, 12:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

I liked the end. The malevolent god implication.

The only thing I question is why he didn't send it back to his sorry-ass family when he decided not to keep it. There would have been consequences for melting it down, I'm sure, but after being shot at I couldn't blame him if he stuck it in a priority mail box and let nature take its course. The only logic I can see for him hanging out at the crossroads for three nights is he was "too nice".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Left

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 27, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

The only thing I question is why he didn't send it back to his sorry-ass family when he decided not to keep it. There would have been consequences for melting it down, I'm sure, but after being shot at I couldn't blame him if he stuck it in a priority mail box and let nature take its course. The only logic I can see for him hanging out at the crossroads for three nights is he was "too nice".
I was trying to get that he was too much in love with it to destroy it
Sort of like a self-protective element to the fiddle itself?
Also that there was a druglike compulsion involved to play and play and play...
I can fix that, I think.
Thanks!

Edited to add...I *think* I took care of that, part 5...He DID try to destroy it, then tried to get rid of it...and you can see how that went...

I was thinking of Job. 
Too, I was thinking about the Christian concept of the angels not having free will-lots of power, but no free will. Lucifer is an angel; God presumably made him to be the being he is, right?
Well, Christian mythology context.
(I dig the phrase "Christian mythology.")
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Random anger problem on January 27, 2014, 01:33:45 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 27, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

I was trying to get that he was too much in love with it to destroy it
Sort of like a self-protective element to the fiddle itself?
Also that there was a druglike compulsion involved to play and play and play...
I can fix that, I think.
Thanks!

Edited to add...I *think* I took care of that, part 5...He DID try to destroy it, then tried to get rid of it...and you can see how that went...

I was thinking of Job. 
Too, I was thinking about the Christian concept of the angels not having free will-lots of power, but no free will. Lucifer is an angel; God presumably made him to be the being he is, right?
Well, Christian mythology context.
(I dig the phrase "Christian mythology.")

It looks fixed to me.  :)
"Drug-like" is right. I've seen people flush shit, throw it out, whatever. Destroy it. They usually end up going back to it in a day or two, though. So the metaphor works there, the fiddle comes right back.

And yeah, "Christian mythology" is a fun phrase.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

3n1g

This is a seriously fantastic work. Would love to see it published/illustrated!

Left

Thanks and thanks everyone.
Here's hoping inspiration will smack me in the back of the head more often.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy