News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

An apology from Captain Utopia

Started by Faust, April 20, 2012, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Well I dunno about that. That kind of thing takes steps, sometimes slow.

But the act of apologizing is different than waiting for its acceptance.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

I dont see the board being that dead anymore. Maybe its just my perspective but it feels like theres been an uptick in activity.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Net on April 20, 2012, 09:45:53 PM
Quote from: Alty on April 20, 2012, 09:40:42 PM
It's hard to take an apology that includes a reference to the original snub seriously. SRSLY.
I'm sure he meant it, just like he meant everything else he's said and done.

After thinking about it, there's just something wrong with CU. He needs serious help, pehaps even medication of some kind, a doctor might know of these things. Go find a doctor, CU.

Cain makes a good point...

Perhaps the apology is evidence of such serious help.

It wasn't an apology. 
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2012, 10:27:43 PM
It's hard to take an apology that includes a reference to the original snub seriously. SRSLY.

After thinking about it, there's just something wrong with CU. He needs serious help, pehaps even medication of some kind, a doctor might know of these things. Go find a doctor, CU.

It wasn't an apology. 

True.

More like a thin faux-apologetic veneer on Skeletor shaking his fist and saying "I'LL GET YOU, HE-MAN!"  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 20, 2012, 10:23:27 PM
I dont see the board being that dead anymore. Maybe its just my perspective but it feels like theres been an uptick in activity.

It's been pretty active this past week. Active and AWESOME.

In terms of CU coming back, here is the way I feel about it; CU has demonstrated himself to be a crazy person. In a dangerous way. No one with a lick of sense takes back crazy-dangerous. You may wish them well, hope they get better and get on with their lives and have a great time, but you don't take them BACK. That's just simple self preservation.

Daruko was annoying, but a completely different kind of annoying. And just annoying; not dangerous. And, he made a sincere apology, and reformed his ways.

That apology up there doesn't look any more sincere than something Wyldkat would say. It's backhanded and passive-aggressive. My crazy-people spidey senses are tingling like a motherfucker.

If you do decide to let him back on just for the drama factor, that's up to you. But holy shit I do NOT trust him one little bit.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

The fact that he hijacked the grille for the purpose of making a point that he didnt make and couldnt have anyway because of his tactics is pretty hard to get past. It seemed like he was working towards some sort of mental breakdown anyway but that was a bit extreme even under those circumstances.

Freeky

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 20, 2012, 11:20:27 PM
The fact that he hijacked the grille for the purpose of making a point that he didnt make and couldnt have anyway because of his tactics is pretty hard to get past.

Also the thing he was trying to alert everyone to never happened.  Ever. 

Anna Mae Bollocks

Also the fact that WTF DO WE WANT A CREEPYASS STALKER FOR ANYWAY?

Nephew Twiddleton

Yep. He made this big deal about his youtube clip which didnt really show anything to support what he was saying and then got mad at me for pointing out that we couldnt read what he was showing us because he was scrolling to fast for anything.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

It wasn't an apology. 

Why not?

Admittedly, I didn't follow the CU ordeal and am relying on my impression of him before he was banned.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on April 21, 2012, 02:27:52 AM

It wasn't an apology. 

Why not?

Admittedly, I didn't follow the CU ordeal and am relying on my impression of him before he was banned.

Because the whole thing was couched in terms of "Other people tripped me up and threatened me, but I apologize for reacting badly."

When actually it went more like "I WANT MY NEW BOARD TO BE A UTOPIA AND THAT MEANS I HAVE TO BE A FASCIST AND ELIMINATE ALL DISSENTERS"

followed by epic butthurt, de-modding etc. when people didn't toe the line.

So, from someone who was there, that up above doesn't look much like an apology. It looks like passive-aggressive backhanded blaming of other bad people who lured and prodded him into handling the situation badly. He's not taking responsibility for creating the conflict and the bad blood in the first place by being over-controlling.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I have the facts and I'm voting NO.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel on April 21, 2012, 03:18:55 AM
Quote from: Net on April 21, 2012, 02:27:52 AM

It wasn't an apology. 

Why not?

Because the whole thing was couched in terms of "Other people tripped me up and threatened me, but I apologize for reacting badly."

When actually it went more like "I WANT MY NEW BOARD TO BE A UTOPIA AND THAT MEANS I HAVE TO BE A FASCIST AND ELIMINATE ALL DISSENTERS"

followed by epic butthurt, de-modding etc. when people didn't toe the line.

So, from someone who was there, that up above doesn't look much like an apology. It looks like passive-aggressive backhanded blaming of other bad people who lured and prodded him into handling the situation badly. He's not taking responsibility for creating the conflict and the bad blood in the first place by being over-controlling.

THIS.

Even if he's getting psyche help, meds, etc. (which I doubt) he's obviously not ready to come back and INTERACT WITH THE SAME PEOPLE HE HAD THE WEIRD OBSESSIONS, VENDETTAS AND DELUSIONS ABOUT JUST LAST YEAR.

Even if he DID take responsibility for all batshit stunts he pulled last year. Which he didn't.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Admiral Ackbar says it's a trap.

I'm pretty sure he THINKS he's five kinds of humble, sincere, and AwakenedTM to his follies . . . but nah, he ain't. All it will take is one person saying one thing at the right time and his panties will be in such a wad he'll think they're a buttplug.

Speaking  as an observer who wasn't impressed with the last round of martyr-with-an-ego-seeks-radioactive-razored-windmills. Although, if it's just for LULZ . . . well, if you TELL him that, I'm sure he'll deliver.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 20, 2012, 10:23:27 PM

Yeah I started posting again ;-)

Anyway, on-topic. My initial thought was a loud and clear HELL NO, pretty much for the exact reasons Dok stated:

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2012, 08:36:50 PMWhile I am by nature a gentle and forgiving person, I really don't need to have my NUMBER ONE FAN anywhere near me, ever again.

If outvoted, I will live with the decision, but I really have to say that I'm opposed to ANOTHER round of Roger Is Evil And I Will Save You All.

Long ago, I used to have a rule about letting someone fuck up twelve times before writing them off completely. I dunno how I ever thought that was a good idea, I suppose it must have been nice when you exactly know what to expect 3/4th of the time :lol:

There's an important omission in his "apology", let me fix:

Quote from: FPI tested patience past its limit repeatedly

Cause that's an important part IMO. Also:

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on April 20, 2012, 11:20:27 PMThe fact that he hijacked the grille for the purpose of making a point that he didnt make and couldnt have anyway because of his tactics is pretty hard to get past. It seemed like he was working towards some sort of mental breakdown anyway but that was a bit extreme even under those circumstances.

You know, the thing about that, the time of the part of the story you describe he already had one or two completely paranoid mental breakdowns over matters unrelated to EB&G. IMO just shows it's quite likely to happen again.

Then I read Faust and Cain's arguments. Especially the Moonkitten argument is fairly compelling. Also, in some sense, the idea that even if he blows up again, it might be fun to watch. However since FP has had some special attention for Dok (as they always do), and Dok's been pretty clear about not needing such bullshit again, pretty much clearly tips the scale to NO WAY for me.

If there wasn't the very real possibility that he'd just end up going after Dok again at some point, sooner or later, most probably he would, if that wasn't so, then I would be perfectly fine with "let's try forgiveness and if he blows up again it might be fun to watch".

Oh and also re-reading the OP, I put "apology" in quotes. There's way too much "look at what you MADE me do!!", which he probably worded like that because he really tried to be sincere, which just goes to show that he sincerely believes it was not just his own crazy-ass faults, but also that of some mysterious entity sticking out its figurative leg, and other environmental factors. It looks like he's trying to say "and those factors were also in me" but he can't (yet?) straight-out say "I fucked up. I'm the Cosmic Schmuck" without having to qualify it with all that external bullshit reasoning.

So I don't believe he's changed, much. And if Dok says he doesn't want to have to deal with the possibility of said crazy shit getting up all in his hair, that weighs heavier than letting him back in and watching the fireworks as he inevitably will 'splode again.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.