News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

The World is ending again.

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, February 19, 2014, 07:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm temporarily converting to Norse Paganism, because my religion du jour never gives me Armageddon when I'm it. Besides, as far as the End of the World goes, I'd be a poor metalhead to not celebrate it.

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/16/277941699/vikings-of-the-world-unite-in-battle-the-apocalypse-is-upon-us
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

EK WAFFLR

Kom Austre
Kom gryande dag
kom fedre og mødre av
Høgtimbra ætter
Kom hanar i heimar tri

Kom allfader Odin
Kom moder min Frigg
Kom vise vanar
Kom utgamle thursar
Om frøa er ber
syng den song
som i fordums liv avla

Ask standande
heitir Yggdrasil
Tronar eviggrøn
yvir Urdarbrønn

Høyr meg alle
Søner åt Heimdall

Statt upp or svevna
Gjev kraft til rota
kvasst den eldest
av ormar som
gneg i grunna

Tri nornar eg ber
at liv skal du spinne
Tri nornar eg ber
at liv skal du tvinne
Tri norner eg ber
at liv skal du binde
...binde til rota...

Æsir nornir
visa vanir
thursamøyir
thrá valkyrjur
alvar dvergar
disir völvur
vordar vergar
Yggdrasil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKW1R6mCH4
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

TRANSLATE THAT OR I WILL SLAM THIS LAPTOP SHUT AND SMASH YOU FLAT.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Google translate does it pretty halfass:

Come Austre
Come gryande day
came fedre and mothers av
Høgtimbra ætter
Come hanar in Heimar tri

Come allfader Odin
Getting my mother Frigg
Come show vanar
Come utgamle thursar
About frøa is famous
sing the song
as in former lives avla

Ask capable duck
heitir Yggdrasil
Tronar evergreen
yvir Urdarbrønn

Hear me all
Sons ate Heimdall

Statt or upp's Sleep
If only power root
kvasst the eldest
of snakes that
gneg in shallows

Tri Norn I ask
life to the spin
Tri Norn I ask
that life should you twirl
Tri Norns I ask
that life must tie
bind to the roots ... ...

Æsir nornir
visa vanir
thursamøyir
Thra valkyrjur
alvar dwarf
Disir völvur
expectant Verges
Yggdrasil
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It probably makes impeccable sense to drunk Vikings.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The mental image it gives me is a battlefield full of spinning Vikings.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

Come Austri (In Norse mythology, Norðri, Suðri, Austri and Vestri ("Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western") are four dwarves in the Prose Edda book Gylfaginning who each support one of the four cardinal points. Together, they uphold the heavenly dome, created from the skull of the jötunn Ymir.)
Come dawning day
come fathers and mothers of
high-born families
Come roosters in homes three

Come allfather Odin
Come my mother Frigg
Come wise Vanir
(In Norse mythology, the Vanir (singular Vanr) are a group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom and the ability to see the future. The Vanir are one of two groups of gods (the other being the Æsir) and are the namesake of the location Vanaheimr (Old Norse "Home of the Vanir"). After the Æsir–Vanir War, the Vanir became a subgroup of the Æsir. Subsequently, members of the Vanir are sometimes also referred to as members of the Æsir.)
Come ancient thurses (The Jötnar (or Thursar are a mythological race that live in Jötunheimr, one of the nine worlds of Norse cosmology. They were banished there by the Æsir who refuse them entry to their world, Asgard. The Jötnar frequently interact with the Æsir, as well as the Vanir. They are usually in opposition to, or in competition with, them but also interact with them in a non-hostile manner. Some Jötnar even intermarry with the Æsir and Vanir. This very complex relationship between these two comparable races develops most notably in the Prose Edda and the Poetic Edda. )
If the seeds are berries
Sing the song
that in past lives bred

Ask standing (in Norse mythology, Ask and Embla (from Old Norse Askr ok Embla)—male and female respectively—were the first two humans, created by the gods. )
is named Yggdrasil (In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil (/ˈɪɡdrəsɪl/; from Old Norse Yggdrasill, pronounced [ˈyɡːˌdrasilː]) is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, in connection to which the nine worlds exist)
Towers evergreen
Above the well of Urdr (Urðarbrunnr (Old Norse "Well of Urðr"; either referring to a Germanic concept of fate—urðr—or the norn named Urðr[1]) is a well in Norse mythology. Urðarbrunnr is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. In both sources, the well lies beneath the world tree Yggdrasil, and is associated with a trio of norns (Urðr, Verðandi, and Skuld). In the Prose Edda, Urðarbrunnr is cited as one of three wells existing beneath three roots of Yggdrasil that reach into three distant, different lands; the other two wells being Hvergelmir, located beneath a root in Niflheim, and Mímisbrunnr, located beneath a root near the home of the frost jötnar. Scholarly theory and speculation surrounds the well.)

Hear me all
Sons of Heimdall

Stand up from sleep
give power to the root
sharply it ages
by snakes who
gnaws at the bottom

three Norns I beg
(The Norns (Old Norse: norn, plural: nornir) in Norse mythology[1] are female beings who rule the destiny of gods and men, possibly a kind of dísir (see below), and comparable to the Fates in Greek mythology.
According to Snorri Sturluson's interpretation of the Völuspá, the three most important norns, Urðr (Wyrd), Verðandi and Skuld come out from a hall standing at the Well of Urðr (well of fate) and they draw water from the well and take sand that lies around it, which they pour over Yggdrasill so that its branches will not rot.)
that life you shall weave
Three Norns I beg
That life you shall twine
three Norns I beg
that life you shall bind
...bind to the root...

Æsir nornir
visa vanir
thursamøyir
thrá valkyrjur
alvar dvergar
disir völvur
vordar vergar
Yggdrasil
This is old norse. i'll translate it later.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffleman on February 19, 2014, 11:54:51 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 19, 2014, 11:29:40 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Volvulus Skin Sacs on February 19, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

"Music to chew your shield by"

:lulz:

Don't laugh. I chew my shield all the time.

I know.  I've seen you dance.

Anyway, your mythology is too complicated.  And silly.

Dwarves holding the sky up?  We'd all bump our heads.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 19, 2014, 11:57:30 PM
Quote from: Waffleman on February 19, 2014, 11:54:51 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 19, 2014, 11:29:40 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Volvulus Skin Sacs on February 19, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

"Music to chew your shield by"

:lulz:

Don't laugh. I chew my shield all the time.

I know.  I've seen you dance.

Anyway, your mythology is too complicated.  And silly.

Dwarves holding the sky up?  We'd all bump our heads.

It's complicateder than that. The dwarves are HUGE.

[/b]

Pæs

Don't listen to this madman. The Dwarves stand on one another's shoulders. I read a study.

The Good Reverend Roger

Eater of Clowns

Waffles spelled Allfader wrong in his username.   :sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.