News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Pedestrians on the Lost Highway, part IV of V: Curly's Tale

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 12, 2012, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I suppose it was 1946 or so...I was sitting down to lunch when I was overcome by the smell of burnt toast.  I remember trying to tell Moe how weird it was, but my mouth wouldn't move right.  Moe looked alarmed, and everything faded to black.

I woke up in the hospital.  I was told I'd had a major stroke, and that I had lost the use of my left leg and the right side of my face.  There followed a series of strokes and hospitalizations.

In 1952, I grew tired of all that, and left my sick bed.  It was kind of odd, because everyone was running around and hollering.  My brother Moe came running in a few minutes later, crying about something.  I'd never seen him cry before.  I asked him what was wrong, but he gave me the cold shoulder.  Didn't even acknowledge my existence.  Boy, was I cheesed off.  I stormed out of the hospital and never looked back.

Some time later, I read about my death in the paper.  I was pretty pissed off, because I wasn't dead, I was just fine.  I called the editor, and he called me a crank and hung up.  I got really angry then, but decided to take it easy on account of my health.  Why be so upset?  It was actually kind of funny when you thought about it.  I had a glass of milk and went to bed.

Things were kind of strange when I woke up.  My alarm clock had changed.  Instead of having hands, it read numbers in red light, which is weird...If you want to be upset when you wake up, look at a red light.  I can see why they didn't use white, but green would have worked just as well.

I went into the bathroom to wash up, and got another shock.  My apartment had its own toilet, bath tub, and even a shower.  I didn't even have to walk down the hall.  Pondering what it all meant, I took a nice hot shower, got dressed, and went to make some toast for breakfast.

Bad idea.  My kitchen was full of weird machines that I didn't understand.  The fridge I understood, so I had a glass of milk and an apple.  Then I went outside.

Pandemonium.

The streets were jammed with sleek-looking automobiles, and the crowds were unreal.  The women were dressed in a manner in which I strongly approve of (though I doubt my mother would), and most of the men were wearing tee shirts with no dress shirt over them. 

Now, I'm nobody's fool, and I was a big fan of Hugo Gernsback, so I sort of twigged onto what was happening.  Either I was dreaming in the hospital, or I'd somehow gone forward in time.  I stopped in at a drugstore, and looked at the date on a newspaper...Jesus Christ...60 YEARS had gone by.

I bought the paper with some odd looking money in my wallet ($2.00 for a NEWSPAPER?  I want a blowjob with that!), and walked down to a diner.  I read the paper, and watched the other diners, and noticed something:  Nobody was happy.  There weren't any particular disasters that anyone was talking about...No, mostly they just played with their smartphones, and ignored each other.  All the time.

Don't ask me how I knew what a smartphone was.  I knew all kinds of things that I'd never dreamt of...The internet, the fact that my brothers Shemp and Moe had died, the 911 attacks, all kinds of things.  Mostly I knew that the entire world was miserable.  Some places were terrifying and poverty-stricken miserable, and some places were rich and miserable.  I also knew that this had been deliberately orchestrated, in a manner that reminded me of the Nazis...More subtle, but just as corrupt and evil.

I decided that perhaps I should do something about that.

To be continued.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Yeah...  I get that.  One day Pong is pretty damn cool, the next thing you know, you can't eat dinner without somebody at the table answering a text.  Momma would have slapped me into the middle of next week if I'd gone to answer the phone during dinner, once.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Phox

Juana

^^^ That. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat