News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Friend with Paranoid Schizophrenia

Started by QueenThera, October 30, 2014, 09:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's incredibly sad, when it comes down to it, but paranoid schizophrenics really require specialized help and people who are not trained and don't have backup are rarely capable of helping.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on October 31, 2014, 06:28:54 AM
It's incredibly sad, when it comes down to it, but paranoid schizophrenics really require specialized help and people who are not trained and don't have backup are rarely capable of helping.

^this^ my sister has been in and out of hospital over the last 2 - 3 years, and although not a danger to anyone but herself the family generally struggle to support her as non professionals. 

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on October 31, 2014, 06:26:46 AM
I don't give any fucks about your avatar, so I'm just gonna say, don't engage with that guy, inasmuch as you can help it. He sounds dangerous, and you likely can't help him, so stay away.

What Nigel said.

If you can't help it and decide to "friend" him anyway, whatever you do, don't develop a false sense of security. As long as you are dealing with the guy in any shape or form, you are in red alert territory.

Just my penny's worth - my dad has a long history of manic episodes with overtones of paranoid psychosis.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Dildo Argentino

I agree fully with that. Including the bit that untrained people occasionally help paranoid psychotics. Very rarely, but they do. I would like to respectfully request a derail (or should I start a new thread in this instance?) for discussing how they do it, on those rare occasions.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Johnny

Quote from: Dodo Argentino on November 02, 2014, 04:26:06 AM

I agree fully with that. Including the bit that untrained people occasionally help paranoid psychotics. Very rarely, but they do. I would like to respectfully request a derail (or should I start a new thread in this instance?) for discussing how they do it, on those rare occasions.

I really think its hit or miss for non proffessionals, and when its miss, its really really bad, i wouldnt reccomend it to anyone.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner