News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Share my misery

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 14, 2011, 07:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just looked on another board and saw this:

QuoteAnyone else see this post on facebook? I'm late with it and just saw it yesterday but the bizarre factor is rather big..

from fb
do you know the significance of 111 yesterday's date 1/11/11? Take your birth year (last 2 digits) + CURRENT AGE + 1 = 111. Try it!!!! It's true! (got it from a friend)

It's true..why is it true. anyone know?? What's even stranger is that my husband and I have numbers that mirror in this year 2011. His birth date is 1954 and he will be 57 this year, while my birth year is 1957 and I will be 54 this year..

Is that not BIZARRE..

I feel like I might cry.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Oh my god you guys

Take TWO

and add TWO to it

you get FOUR

NO SHIT I'M SERIOUS IT'S TRUE

WHY IS IT TRUE!??!?!

Salty

This is why I don't go to other boards.

Even our dumbasses are superior.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

BabylonHoruv

How many people with birthdays in January you think will send her messages letting her know it didn't work for them?
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 14, 2011, 07:20:44 AM
How many people with birthdays in January you think will send her messages letting her know it didn't work for them?

A lot.

And a lot of people with kids under 11 will message her to say it works for them, but it doesn't work for their children ZOMG MILLENNIAL CRYSTAL BABIES!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wonder if I could totally blow their minds by telling them that every year on their birthday, they can subtract their age from the current year and LIKE MAGIC, the result will be THE YEAR THEY WERE BORN!? SPOOKY!!!!!

Jasper

Needs more 1's.  They love 1's.

Phox

Hey, guess what 88+22+1+=?  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

DUDES ZOMG, ON JANUARY FIRST (1/1) if you SUBTRACT your AGE PLUS 1 (That's THREE ONES!) from the current year, you end up with...:tinfoilhat: THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN!!!!!!

How do ALL THOSE ONES know what year you were born in?????

Richter

Any numbering system is going to have tricks like this dependent on what number you count to before you go to the next decimal position.  You could blow these people's brains showing the the trick with multiples of 9.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

No, No, show em what happens when they divide by zero!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

FUCKING MATHEMATICS. HOW DOES IT WORK?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

In related news, today is 1/14/11. 

Did you know that date only happens ONCE EVERY HUNDRED YEARS!?

There must be something very important about those numbers, if they occur so rarely on a calender.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Richter on January 14, 2011, 12:57:53 PM
Any numbering system is going to have tricks like this dependent on what number you count to before you go to the next decimal position.  You could blow these people's brains showing the the trick with multiples of 9.

Hell, you don't even need multiples of 9, you could easily blow their brains by jamming a gas capsule in their eye sockets.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.