News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 07, 2011, 08:49:58 PM
Just so long as they're entertaining.

I'd like to see some of the questions from 2008 brought back, like: "Do you agree with evolutionary theory, do you believe human contribute to greenhouse gases," etc.

"What newspapers do you read?"
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2011, 07:04:55 PM
Quote from: Freeky on March 07, 2011, 07:03:17 PM
We need the Rent Is 2 Damn High Party to run.

They joined the republicans.   :|

Anyway, my guesses at this moment:

Romney
Huckabee
Gingrich
Bachmann
Jindal
Christie

Drop Bachman and Christie and add Tim Pawlenty and Ron Paul and I think you've got it. I'd see that as essentially a race between Romney and Jindal, but I could be underestimating the sheer stupidity and craziness of the voting bloc we're talking about.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 08, 2011, 01:54:55 AM

Romney
Huckabee
Gingrich
Bachmann
Jindal
Christie

Drop Bachman and Christie and add Tim Pawlenty and Ron Paul and I think you've got it. I'd see that as essentially a race between Romney and Jindal, but I could be underestimating the sheer stupidity and craziness of the voting bloc we're talking about.

Ron Paul is essentially the new Harold Stassen.  Entertainment value only.

And Bachmann is already jabbering about running.  The teabaggers are becoming incontinent with glee.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

Paul always runs, but I agree he's irrelevant.  Even his followers, once legion on the internet and able to for massive rallies, don't bother to do anything but jabber on about how they really started the tea party movement (because apparently using the word 'tea party' at one fund raising event back in 2008 gives them a monopoly on the term).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 07, 2011, 08:07:20 PM
I actually think Christie would have a fairly decent shot at beating Obama and if there is any un-declared candidate keeping the Obama re-election campaign up at night, it's him.  Obama will easily handle any of the other morons being considered, including Romney. 

Please to understand I'm not saying I would WANT Christie to win.  Just observing that he seems to have the most broad appeal compared to the others.

Pun unintended.   

Christie is the wingnut superstar of the moment, it is true.

I still think Obama would win the election, as moderates would still favour him, but it wouldn't be anything like the thrashing he dished out on McCain.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 08, 2011, 02:11:27 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 07, 2011, 08:07:20 PM
I actually think Christie would have a fairly decent shot at beating Obama and if there is any un-declared candidate keeping the Obama re-election campaign up at night, it's him.  Obama will easily handle any of the other morons being considered, including Romney. 

Please to understand I'm not saying I would WANT Christie to win.  Just observing that he seems to have the most broad appeal compared to the others.

Pun unintended.   

Christie is the wingnut superstar of the moment, it is true.

I still think Obama would win the election, as moderates would still favour him, but it wouldn't be anything like the thrashing he dished out on McCain.

Heh.  Who would they stick him with, VP-wise?

Christie/Bachmann or Christie/West.  I like it already.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Huckabee.  He scored quite highly on a recent NBC/WSJ poll, and has been much more high profile of late.  He could shore up Christie's not so impressive Southern Fundie credentials, too.

Edit: just noted, PPP polls indicate Huckabee would give Obama a hard run, with a 44/47 split in Obama's favour, a full three points ahead of what Romney is projected to get, and the closest out of all declared Republican candidates thus far.

LMNO

He released a dude on parole who then went on to kill four police officers.  That's a tough workaround.

Cain

Apparently, The People do not care, so long as he has the right values.

Luna

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 08, 2011, 05:01:30 PM
He released a dude on parole who then went on to kill four police officers.  That's a tough workaround.

Not to mention, Wayne DuMond, who went on to kill and rape 2 women after Huckabee convinced the parole board to release him 25 years early for a rape conviction.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Requia ☣

That's some impressively bad judgment given the recidivism rates for murder and sex crimes...
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Luna

Quote from: Requia ☣ on March 08, 2011, 08:26:24 PM
That's some impressively bad judgment given the recidivism rates for murder and sex crimes...

Spectacular, no? 

Pity so many folks in the GoP appear incapable of using Google.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on March 08, 2011, 01:54:55 AM

Romney
Huckabee
Gingrich
Bachmann
Jindal
Christie

Christ, out of that batch Romney and Jindal are among the most sane... Surely the Tea Party wouldn't stand for that! Also, Jindal has smudgy skin.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Luna

AFK

Eh, Jindal killed his chances a long time ago when he did that bad Mister Rogers impression after the first State of the Union address. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.