News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: phoenixofdiscordia on August 30, 2010, 09:25:19 PM
Cram, are you a man of wealth and taste?

Holy Name: Phoenix of Discordia, (or Eris' Phoenix, on occasion).

I am 21, I study philosophy and classics, I am a multi-instrumentalist and singer, I enjoy writing, especially fiction and songs.

I have been a Discordian for eight years (which actually corresponds with the paranormal experience I described in a different thread, but more on that later). I discovered Discordianism while taking a break from researching "real" religions, and I was perusing the internet for mythology related stories. While looking for info on Our Lady because I was fascinated with the idea of a goddess of chaos, I came across the Discordian telling of the Original Snub. From there it wasn't hard to find more resources, and I eventually acquired a copy of the Prinicipia. From then on I was a cabal of one, though I tried to generate interest with no success. I never did give up on Eris though, and after losing my original copy earlier this year, I ordered an SJ edition of the Principia about a month or so ago, and when I got it, I saw that they had planned to write an Apocrypha. A brief internet search later, and I found this place.
Forgot a picture.

I'm not usually that sideways though.

Thurnez Isa

Demographic info
29, closing in on the 30, Male. Grew up in Northern Ontario, where I got my degree in Classical Music (Classical Guitar Performance and Music Theory)  then moved out to New Brunswick to be a music teacher. Retired from teaching and moved back to Northern Ontario to go back to school in Geology. Broke cause my doctors wouldn't let me work for the beginning of the summer and now that i got the OK school starting up again.

Professional Info
See above

What you like to do in your free time
Big time collector of various objects from old laturns, to fishtank ornaments, to other peoples photographs, to old VHS, ect. Watch a lot of B Movies, Z Movies, and monster movies. Collect old books. Used to be big into reading, but lately I've been getting migraines so I've graduated to audiobooks (which I feel in love with). Love history and hiking to old abandoned ghost towns. I also love going to school and have been in post secondary school for over 6 years, in both science and music.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?
To be fair right now I want to concentrate on my studies before any projects.

also necessary:

Thurnez Isa, Thorn Is

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Stelpa

Missed the thing about the picture:

I would do the peace sign, but I am too young to know what it means  :roll:

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

Demographic info: 24, male, currently somewhere in the Vaud canton, more usually in the south west of the UK, though I'm hoping to change that soon.

Professional Info: was, until my contract finished a couple of weeks ago, a history tutor and music teacher at a summer school.  I'd also have to go with them on day trips, do dorm duty, help prepare and supervise evening activities and get roughly one day off a week(on average).  MA in International Relations, with a minor in Classics.

What you like to do in your free time:  Read (history, news, philosophy, various kinds of fiction, science), write, sleep, travel, practice martial arts, drink single malt scotches.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in: Trolling, media pranking, creating fake subversive societies, the eventual destruction of American hegemony, improving my own skills at rationality and abusing others cognitive biases for fun and profit, instigating chaos in any way possible but especially in the political sphere.

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her:  Found the PD looking for textfiles on how to reprogram vending machines on the now defunct &Totse site, the 4chan of the late 90s and early 2000s.  Found a link to a rather dull occult forum from a philosophy site not long after this, and from browsing said occult forum, found this site.  Read the Apocrypha, Summa and Illuminatus after signing up.  Honourable combatant in the Discordian Civil War, helped write the BIP, wrote a ton of rants, most of which I now probably disagree with, and did some other stuff I've now forgotten.

Sita

Free time is spent either gaming, reading or tinkering with stuff

Things I like: Mythology and Mysticism (studying the history of and such), Star Trek, Horror and Sci-Fi in general
At one time wanted to get into engineering or computer programming

One might also know me as Sitalique (though I don't think I ever used the long version here)

This is the closest you will get to a picture of me:
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kurt Christ

Names: Vartox, Father Kurt Christ, Space Pope.
I'm 20 years old, I live in Birmingham, AL, I'm attending college as a biology major, and I'm interested in going into the field of epidemiology or virology.
In my free time I like to play tabletop RPGs (I haven't in too long, though- I've had trouble getting/keeping a group together). I've played D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, and Exalted, and currently want to try out Mutants and Masterminds. I also like comics, some anime, good movies, bad movies, and things in almost any medium that can be classified under the sci-fi genre.
Honestly, I have very little motivation as far as Discordian projects go. There are several I've seen talked about that looked really interesting, but I held back from participating in because I thought I'd probably end up getting lazy and leaving my portion of whatever we were doing shoddily done or unfinished. I should probably fix that.
I found out about Discordianism through a fascination with conspiracy theories. I found this site when I was looking for a copy of the Principia Discordia to read. I read it, looked in on the forums, thought they were neat, and eventually registered.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Rumckle

Rumckle (aka Rumwolf)

Demographic info
I'm 20, Australian, and currently reside in The 'gong, which is a small city on the East Coast

Professional Info
I am in my third year at uni here, I'm taking BSc in Physics, but I took a year of philosophy as well (trying to get a philosophy major, but not sure that I'll have the time).

What you like to do in your free time
Music, read, trivia, cooking, and just generally be awesome. Oh I also enjoy costume parties.

What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?
I kinda like postergasms and stuff like that, though I'm not much of a designer.
Also, I enjoy our longwinded discussions on politics, science and philosophy, even if I don't usually contribute much to them.
And the long lost art of WOMP.

How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her?
I found Eris after searching around wikipedia for anarchism, and the Situationist Internationale. Then I had to sign up here to see the O:MF board (very crafty PD.com).

Me from a couple of years ago:

Me, last year:

ETA:
Also I was working on the Fat Eris Cookbook, but I am a lazy bastard, and forgot about it. I'll get back to it when I finish my midterm exams.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cainad (dec.)

Cainad
Holy Moniker: Wrathful Collection of Knobby Bits

20 year old Army brat currently located at SUNY Stony Brook, where I infiltrate the social lives of meek, introverted nerds by disguising myself as one of them, and inflict my surprisingly bad influence upon them. Also I study sciencey stuff.

Long-time Champion of Sideburns, I usually sport a pair of mutton chops whose exploits deserve their own introduction post. However, they cannot type for themselves and I would not dare to speak for them. Secretly, the excessive 'burns are there to cover my crippling insecurity over the fact that my mustache is nowhere near as impressive.

I found Discordianism when I was about 16, and for over a year thought it was a long-dead internet joke. I appreciated it, but I didn't think there was anything new happening. That all changed after Robert Anton Wilson died, and the internet Discordian scene was all thrown into a tizzy. I wriggled my way onto this forum by means of a short-lived startup Discordian forum elsewhere on the internet, and since then my life has been a bucket of piss fantastical adventure into a much weirder life than I knew before.

Occasionally, I write stuff. Not very often, and not in a rather long while, but it happens. Most of it is the ill-thought-out keyboard spewings of a precocious dork with too much time on his hands. Once exception that I am proud of is Intermittens Issue 5, mostly because I edited rather than wrote for it.

Requia ☣

Dammit.  Unsticky this so it dies.  At this rate I will *never* get that song out of my head.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Kai

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 31, 2010, 05:45:27 AM
Dammit.  Unsticky this so it dies.  At this rate I will *never* get that song out of my head.

Hey, where's YOUR picture?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbxCTABfis

Allow me to re-introduce myself,
My name is HOV!
H to the O-V, I used to move snowflakes by the O.Z.,
I guess even back then you can call me,
C.E.O of the R.O.C -- HOV,
Fresh out the frying pan into the fire,
I be the music biz number 1 supplier
Flier than a piece or paper bearing my name,
Got the hottest chick in the game wearing my chain, thats right -- HOV
Not D.O.C, similar to the letters no one can do it better
I check cheddar like a food inspector,
My homie Strip tol' me dude, finish yo breakfast,
So thats what I'ma do take you back to the dude with the Lexus
fast forward the jewels and the necklace,
Let tell u dudes what i do to protect this,

Shoot at u actors like movie directors

Ving aint lie, I done came thru the block in everything thats fly,
I'm like Che Guevera with bling on, I'm complex.
I never claim to have wings on, nigga I get mine
By any means on wheneva there's a drought get yo umbrellas out
because thats when i brainstorm,
You can blame Sean but i aint invent the game,
I just rolled the dice trying to get some change,
And i do it twice aint no sense of me lying as if I am a different man,
And i can blame my enviroment but there aint no reason why i be buying expensive chains.
I hope you dont think users are the only abusers niggas gettin high within the game.
If you do then how would you explain
I'm ten years a move, still the vibe is in my veins.
I gotta hustler spirit, nigga period.
Check at my hat yo, peep the way i wear it,
Check at my swag yo, i walk like a ball player,
No matter where you go you are what you are player,
And you can try to change but thats just the top layer,
Man you was who you was for you got here,
Only GOD can judge me so I'm gone.

Either love me or leave me alone.

trippinprincezz13

trippinprincezz13

* Demographic info: just over a quarter of a century, living north of Boston with my boyfriend, our cat & mouse, and roommate

* Professional Info - have an Associates in Criminal Justice and started working at a lawyer's office while in school and just kinda stuck with it (yay stagnation!) But I do actually enjoy the work, it's fairly laid back, and I'm pretty much the office manager, paralegal and secretary rolled into one so that works. Also, I'm fairly detail oriented and I like organizing things so what would bore others, I enjoy for the most part. Still trying to figure out what I want to *do*, but for now, I'm happy

* What you like to do in your free time ~ Despite being horribly afraid of spiders, creepy crawlies and anything bee-related, I enjoy spending as much time as I can outdoors - walking, fishing, hiking, camping. Since childhood, I've had a fascination with ghosts and the paranormal (I tend to look at it with an open, yet skeptical mind) and enjoy exploring abandoned/creepy/weird places. Love to read and cook and, thanks to my boyfriend getting me a hand-held GPS for my last birthday, I've taken up geocaching, which, hey gets me out and exploring places. At this time, my biggest goal in life is to have fun and be happy....

* What kind of topics / projects are you interested in? Love reading the politics and rant sections (though I rarely feel I have anything worthwhile to contribute). Would like eventually to get the motivation to work on projects

* How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her? I was part of the group that came over here the first time it became popular to come here from TCC, after being badmouthed and banned for trying to stick up for the big, bad discordians. Good riddance, it was quite dull anyway. Still haven't read the PD, but I really like the vibe here. I picked up a copy which I'm sure I'll read eventually (or at least color the pictures). My social anxiety followed me here to the internet, so I lurk a lot and most people don't know I'm here, but here I am!

Parachute!

I'm the girl without the hat...

On the left...
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS