News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

So, You Say You're Leaving PD Forever.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 02, 2012, 04:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So, you've finally had enough of our shit, and you're leaving peedee forever.  Maybe we said something offensive.  Maybe your best pal came on and we crapped on him or her for some reason or no reason at all.  Maybe you're tired of us challenging your personal beliefs.  Maybe you've finally grown weary of our horse-laughing at horrible things no decent person would bring up, let alone joke about.  Or maybe there's just too much rock here, and not enough roll.  Maybe "too much" was finally enough.

I wish you wouldn't leave, but I can't stop you.

But as you stride forward out into the world of the Pinkboys and the Greyfaces, be careful out there.  They all SAY they're on your side, but they're not.  They may speak to you in pleasing terms on Facebook or whatever, but they do one thing we won't do:  They'll bullshit you.  No matter how ugly this place gets, no matter how loud and angry we get, we have one redeeming virtue:  We tell The Truth as we understand it.  Not the beliefs we have of how the world OUGHT to be, or the world as we'd like to see it, if only people would be more reasonable.  No.  We talk about the world the way it IS.

And that can be kind of unpleasant, you know?  Sure, the world SHOULD be pleasant.  Water should have memory, so that we can cure cancer with a bottle of Evian.  A viable 3rd party SHOULD exist.  People SHOULD act in their own best interest.  That sort of thing.  But the world isn't like that, is it?  No.  The world is full of bad signal...And while we certainly don't have a lot of answers here, we try to stay in the habit of screening out bad signal.  And that alone makes all the yelling and howling and butthurt and bouncing off the walls worthwhile.  So when you go out into their world, to play their game, try not to let The Spider get you, okay?

And should you change your mind at some point, should you decide that this piranha pool has some value after all, come on back.  We don't tend to rake people over the coals for returning from a flounce...Mostly because we've ALL done it, at one time or another.  Being a rock n roller was never gonna be easy, after all, and people do get tired.

And if you SHOULD come back, remember to bring your grin.  Remember to bring your Teeth With Which To Eat.  Be sure to bring your screeching laughter, your cracked grin and crazy eyes, your over-the-top jabbering and flailing around...Because this is the future.  Wherever we were going, well...We're here.  And the future is far too important to take seriously.

That's all.  Good luck out there.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Good advice. I feel like i should add something, but I believe you've thoroughly covered any point that has occurred to me. But I would like to say "Good luck, and come back soon" to all our missing friends.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Peedee: the only place on earth where you always know where you stand. Right away.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 02, 2012, 05:54:03 PM
Peedee: the only place on earth where you always know where you stand. Right away.

On your head.  In the poop.  Just like everyone else.

Difference is, we don't say we like it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Richter

Some of you get drama and leave.  Some get quiet for awhile.  There are only so many hold outs like this out there.  Flounce or fade, there will always be a time to circle back. 

There will be a light on.  It might be Durden spit-roasting your teddy bear, but all the same...
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

Quote from: Richter, Baron von on November 02, 2012, 08:14:28 PM
Some of you get drama and leave.  Some get quiet for awhile.  There are only so many hold outs like this out there.  Flounce or fade, there will always be a time to circle back. 

There will be a light on.  It might be Durden spit-roasting your teddy bear, but all the same...
:lulz:

Dildo Argentino

I'm NEVERTM leaving PD forever again!

Until Tuesday.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 02, 2012, 07:07:03 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on November 02, 2012, 05:54:03 PM

On your head.  In the poop.  Just like everyone else.

Difference is, we don't say we like it.

Indeed.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Pope Pixie Pickle

I feel in no hurry to take my boa and go.

zarathustrasbastardson

I'm Not going 'nowhere' until glittersnatch visits me and personally apologises!
Lick it until you do!7/
chaos is truth
radiate better

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: zarathustrasbastardson on November 13, 2012, 12:54:54 AM
I'm Not going 'nowhere' until glittersnatch visits me and personally apologises!
Lick it until you do!7/

The fuck?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

You heard the man, lick it until you're ready to come and apologise in person.

The Good Reverend Roger

Suu

I just consider this place all Hotel California-like.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

zarathustrasbastardson

You could even make a t-shirt that says waste of semen!
chaos is truth
radiate better