News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

SO, THIS IS A THING. Holist, you around?

Started by Doktor Howl, October 17, 2014, 07:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Ben Shapiro

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really just have no words for this. Except these: this CAN'T be for real. Can it?  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Your Mom on October 18, 2014, 12:07:38 AM
I really just have no words for this. Except these: this CAN'T be for real. Can it?  :horrormirth:

There were some folks trying to raise money to send "essential oils" to Liberia to stop the epidemic a few weeks back.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 18, 2014, 02:11:57 AM

There were some folks trying to raise money to send "essential oils" to Liberia to stop the epidemic a few weeks back.

Oh, humans.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Your Mom on October 18, 2014, 02:55:38 AM

Oh, humans.

I fear that I will once again be disappointed by ebola.
Molon Lube

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 17, 2014, 10:56:09 PM
Quote from: Dodo Argentino on October 17, 2014, 09:31:00 PM
Yes, but no.

Why not?  It's homeopathy.  It should stop ebola in its tracks.

Maybe, maybe not. :)

With your kind permission, I am respectfully declining to enter this conversation altogether.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 18, 2014, 03:01:21 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 18, 2014, 02:55:38 AM

Oh, humans.

I fear that I will once again be disappointed by ebola.

Yes.

But not by humans.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dodo Argentino on October 18, 2014, 05:13:28 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 17, 2014, 10:56:09 PM
Quote from: Dodo Argentino on October 17, 2014, 09:31:00 PM
Yes, but no.

Why not?  It's homeopathy.  It should stop ebola in its tracks.

Maybe, maybe not. :)

With your kind permission, I am respectfully declining to enter this conversation altogether.

Dude, please just take chemistry. Then you will understand why homeopathy, while it may have seemed to make sense 200 years ago, is just fucking ridiculous.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Not that we know everything. Far from it; we are only starting to gain glimpses into that which we do not know. But there is simply no empiric support for homeopathy. I have slightly more respect for faith healing.

EK WAFFLR

A norwegian peddler of alternative shit has been trying to send colloidal ionic silver to Liberia, because it works against everything from cancer throug HIV to Ebola.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Your Mom on October 18, 2014, 06:41:23 AM
Not that we know everything. Far from it; we are only starting to gain glimpses into that which we do not know. But there is simply no empiric support for homeopathy. I have slightly more respect for faith healing.

Thank you for meaning well. (<-- just to be clear, that is a completely sincere sentence)

I don't wish to go into it again. I have taken chemistry, I have reviewed the matter quite excessively, and I have been thoroughly convinced that discussing it on PD is a BAD IDEA. So I'm just not doing it.

If that's something you people won't get over, that's just my tough luck.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dodo Argentino on October 18, 2014, 07:45:16 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on October 18, 2014, 06:41:23 AM

Thank you for meaning well. (<-- just to be clear, that is a completely sincere sentence)

I don't wish to go into it again. I have taken chemistry, I have reviewed the matter quite excessively, and I have been thoroughly convinced that discussing it on PD is a BAD IDEA. So I'm just not doing it.

If that's something you people won't get over, that's just my tough luck.

Yeah, I find it hard to even imagine what kind of incredibly abbreviated liberal-arts version of chemistry you could possibly have taken that would permit you to still believe in the fairies of homeopathy, but go for it, champ.