News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Mutants and Mastermins anyone?

Started by Requia ☣, October 26, 2010, 05:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotep

Damnit, comp crashed and lost character sheet. Rebuilding today.

Question, though...Supposing that my character can detach his arms and they fly, would sending an arm hurling at an opponent count as a projectile attack, or melee?

Kurt Christ

Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Requia ☣

Quote from: Aleister Growly on November 13, 2010, 05:50:13 PM
Damnit, comp crashed and lost character sheet. Rebuilding today.

Question, though...Supposing that my character can detach his arms and they fly, would sending an arm hurling at an opponent count as a projectile attack, or melee?

That depends on a couple things:

How many arms do you have to throw
How quickly can you get the arms back.

If you can throw arms at will, without worrying about running out over the course of a battle.  Its a Blast Power

If you can only do it once or twice a battle, then its a strike power with the 'thrown' power feat.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Brotep

Neither, because we're talking Anatomic Separation with Additional Limbs.

According to the sourcebook, limbs detached via Anatomic Separation have the same Super-Movement powers as the character. So if my character has flight, he could detach his arm and cause it to fly into an opponent...

Requia ☣

That sounds more like a summon power.

President Television

Quote from: Requia ☣ on November 13, 2010, 01:09:05 AM
Iggy Stardust David Bowie, Jareth David Bowie, or Venture Brothers David Bowie?

I was thinking Ziggy Stardust, just because he looks like a superhero to begin with and has a backstory that lends itself to superhero origin really well. I'm thinking of going with Flight, Space Travel, Immunity(vacuum suffocation), Sonic Control, and Light Control.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Kurt Christ

So...are people still working on charsheets, or did this die?
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Requia ☣

I still need to make mine legible, haven;t gotten around to it.  You can have the rough draft if you like.

President Television

I'm still in, but need to get back on my char sheet. I'm going with the water bear idea; I think the David Bowie idea would work better as a themed super-team. Are powers that are the result of a mutated physiology considered innate?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard

Still in, just need to put final touches on char sheet.
Insanity we trust.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Unqualified on November 21, 2010, 09:01:17 PM
I'm still in, but need to get back on my char sheet. I'm going with the water bear idea; I think the David Bowie idea would work better as a themed super-team. Are powers that are the result of a mutated physiology considered innate?

Not usually.  An innate power should be something that part of your physical makeup.  IE, an elephant has innate size, a lion would have innate strike (claws and teeth) etc.  Usually the only time a PC should have innate is if you're way off human baseline (IE, if you're half gorrilla or something) or sometimes for devices (even if your power armor gets shut down, its still bulletproof).

President Television

Quote from: Requia ☣ on November 21, 2010, 09:22:34 PM
Quote from: Unqualified on November 21, 2010, 09:01:17 PM

Not usually.  An innate power should be something that part of your physical makeup.  IE, an elephant has innate size, a lion would have innate strike (claws and teeth) etc.  Usually the only time a PC should have innate is if you're way off human baseline (IE, if you're half gorrilla or something) or sometimes for devices (even if your power armor gets shut down, its still bulletproof).

Well, my character's powers are the result of being born with an extra pair of arms, thick hide, sealable orifices, a more effective immune system, and generally denser and more durable tissues. Outside of game mechanics, his only power is having the body that he has.

EDIT: And this isn't that different from the half-gorilla example, since he's essentially half water bear. Hey, it's comic-book science.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

My character is done and I have about 77 points to spend on gadgets and a home operating base. I should be able to get to that today :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Requia ☣

I've sent my character on up, anybody else done so yet?

The Wizard

Where do I send it to? Possibly dumb question, but I'm not sure whether I can send a doc via PM or whether there is an email address.
Insanity we trust.