News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I suppose your work environment is hostile enough.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on April 11, 2014, 08:09:21 AM
Quote from: Nigel on April 11, 2014, 05:51:07 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 10, 2014, 11:53:00 PM
Quote from: The Suu on April 10, 2014, 11:40:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 09:23:51 PM
I just found out that my PSU bill for 5 credits is more than $2k.

I guess I'm selling my car.

5 credits total or 5 classes? If you can sneak it one more credit somehow you can qualify for federal aid, because that's less than half-time enrollment otherwise.

Pretty sure she said 5 credits.  Pretty sure that's not all she's taking.

Yeah. I do, in fact, understand what words mean when I say them.
:lol:
You keep forgetting that that is extraordinary.

:lol: I guess I figured that people here would know that by now. And also, not that I expect anyone to be up to date on the trivial details of my life, but it seemed like maybe it's been clear that I've been a full-time student for the last two years. The truly observant might even have picked up on the fact that I'm taking some science classes. I wouldn't expect anyone other than Twid and Roger to have noticed which ones, but yeah, that's been part of my ongoing narrative since 2012.

So, yeah, to recap: taking ten credits at the community college to finish foundational chemistry and biology, and four (was, briefly, five, but I dropped the field trip) credits at the university, to enable me to get paid for the job that will ultimately pay far less than the extra tuition and fees for just this one 200-level class.

And then they charged me $80 to drop the field trip.

Seriously, so much bullshit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Allfather Waffles on April 11, 2014, 09:02:21 AM
http://www.tv2.no/a/5496086

Norwegian article.

Bjørn (64) found dildo in cod's stomach

It's a vibrator though, so fact check fail.

:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 11, 2014, 01:45:08 PM
The lift we did yesterday went perfectly.  Flawlessly.  Couldn't have gone better.

UNTIL

The shaft we were putting the gearbox on turned out to be bent.  So we do it again today.

FFS.  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 11, 2014, 02:47:28 PM
The lift we did yesterday went perfectly.  Flawlessly.  Couldn't have gone better.

UNTIL

The shaft we were putting the gearbox on turned out to be bent.  So we do it again today.

It's like we're all Sisyphus here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 11, 2014, 02:54:42 PM

UNTIL

I was going to ask whether you've ever considered that maybe you're actually in Hell, and then I remembered that yes, in fact, you have.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 11, 2014, 03:00:37 PM

UNTIL

I was going to ask whether you've ever considered that maybe you're actually in Hell, and then I remembered that yes, in fact, you have.

This has been established.  Not HELL, more like HECK.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 11, 2014, 03:04:48 PM

UNTIL

:lulz: Heck: more mediocre than Hell, and therefore inexplicably worse.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 11, 2014, 03:16:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 11, 2014, 03:04:48 PM

UNTIL

:lulz: Heck: more mediocre than Hell, and therefore inexplicably worse.

Yeah, in hell you'd meet more interesting people.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cainad (dec.)

Had a serious dose of Murphy and Finagle this morning. Luckily, what I was doing was small-scale and resulted in nothing but inconvenience to myself; no actual damage. But the bullshit just kept coming at a steady rate for about 3 hours.

Luna

I know I ran all these reports just a month ago.

Why can't I think straight enough to just knock them out again?
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Reginald Ret

Y'alls lives are full of suckage. So is mine but at least i planted some peas, lettuce, watermelon and unknown seeds today. Also, I started a new hermetically sealed (half-assed sealing as usual) bottle-ecology today. This time i am using morning glory instead of strawberry because strawberry does not respond well to enclosed spaces and the hardware store had morning glory seeds. The unknown seeds i planted came from my mom, the bottle said "Parsley (?), Marjoram or Opium." I have no idea how she couldn't tell what was in teh bottle because i am pretty sure those plants have quite distinct looks.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hirley0

Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 11:14:47 PM
Quote from: hirley0 on April 10, 2014, 10:50:31 PM
Quote from: Nigel on April 10, 2014, 09:23:51 PM
I just found out that my PSU bill for 5 credits is more than $2k.

I guess I'm selling my car.

girl ? have U even gone in to talk to Ruth????/

No, who's Ruth?

/She is the head at the Anthro department ? just a min?/?
Warning - while you were ty ping

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,27760.90/msg,1134373.html

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,31235.105/msg,1148988.html

ANTHROPOLOGY
http://web.pdx.edu/~b5mg/   A  <This 1
http://web.pdx.edu/~virginia/       B
http://www-adm.pdx.edu/user/anth/     c

Just go in
tell her i sent U
to check her WOODEN spoon handle
she is the one with the ORa in her hand {Maybe:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I dropped the field trip and the guy at Registration knocked a grand off my bill. That was friendly of him. Then I gave all my money to the cashier. It's still almost $1300 for, basically, four credits, but $500 of that is a matriculation fee and a quarterly bus pass.

Next term shouldn't be as bad, because my credit-to-fee ratio will be much higher. I just have to, y'know, survive this term.

Speaking of which, I need to get off the internet and do some bio studying.