News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates

Started by MaxwellsDemon, January 23, 2004, 12:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sweet jesus fucking eagles. I'll never complain about the board being shitty again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

This board is practically Proust, compared with 2004's offerings.

LMNO

However, I would STILL rather read this than anything on TDS.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 11, 2014, 03:14:04 PM
However, I would STILL rather read this than anything on TDS.

:lol:

Absolutely. I left TDS after the I'll rape your kids "joke". Such a waste of time.

Which has surprising relevance to Tom Robbins' book that is basically about whether Switters is just a latent pedo or an active pedo. Either way, the characters weren't sympathetic and the writing was trying too hard with every line. I've heard Tom Robbins wrote some good books, but after sitting through Fierce Invalids I haven't bothered.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

LMNO

Jitterbug Perfume was pretty good, as well as Another Roadside Attraction, but I'm not sure his writing stood the test of time.

trix

Quote from: Your Mom on October 03, 2014, 03:21:31 PM
Sweet jesus fucking eagles. I'll never complain about the board being shitty again.

Ah, I was trying to figure out why the hell anyone would bump this thread, but now I get it.

Sadists.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.