News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

If life hands you bricks...

Started by Salty, February 24, 2012, 05:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Our attempts to produce works of substance frequently turn into some kind of ball stomping/screeching match/pit of dispair.

Is that hilarious? No. Stupid? Naw. Infuriating? Sometimes. Horrormirthy? Yeah, for me anyway. It used to entertain me, then it was like some kind of incendiary, then it made me sad. And those are all stupid-but-necassary reactions. In the end, it will always be there in the end, the fighting.

When the last two Discordians stand back to back, out of ammo, hacking down zombie hoards with machetes until the strength runs out of their arms, will they fall to their knees and wait for inevitable? No. They will fight on, they will fight each other if there's no one else. They will argue about who forgot the damned ammo until they're heads are ripped from their bodies. And that's GREAT! I love that. Is it productive, probably not. But you know who was productive? NAZI's, that's who.*

Seriously though, there's a lack of leadership in Discordia. And I like it. I do more in my life because of Eris's Horrible, Horrible Light precisely because no one tells me to. I write things that I could never have done without the living peedee. I THINK in ways I could not have otherwise. What is it NOT to be a Discordian? It is to never, ever question what you and others think about everything. It is to avoid anything like conflict because you are so desperately afraid of change. It is to constantly engage in conflict so you don't have to think about anything else. If the side-effects of thinking for yourself all the time are so unpleasant that you can't deal there are plenty of other religions out there that would love to talk to you.

Oh yeah, Walls.

Sometimes the walls we put up are our own, sometimes they're put up by somebody else. Either way, they keep us from interacting with one another. That's what they're supposed to do. If we get lucky enough to see people on the other side, talk with them somehow, we can work toward taking at least some of these things down. And sometimes you're beating on opposite ends of a wall, trying to break it down, until you're beating each others fists because that wall is still there, all the time.

And HATS! Jesus Craptastic Christ do people hold onto those hats like they were made out of candy-flavored crack. They can look awfully stupid, or suave, or they just get in the way. When you're sitting alone by yourself long enough, all the figures you arrange around yourself seem to do no good. So, you've got to do something with yourself, something that feels good, makes you feel solid, something outside yourself, above yourself.  I don't mind people wearing any kind of hat they like, so long as they realize they still have a meat-filled skull underneath. Sadly, it's just those kind of standards that make people mad.

BARK BARK BARK.

*FUCK YOU GODWIN I DO WHAT I WANT.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Freeky

I see what you're saying here, and agree, and don't have a lot to add other than strong personalities will always be themselves and possibly fight tooth and nail for something they believe.  Discordia seems to attract a lot of those people.

Reginald Ret

It took me forever to parse the first sentence so I didn't.

I agree with the rest, especially the bit about hats. That could be fleshed out a bit more.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

If Discordians didn't fight all the time, talking to them wouldn't be worth the time taken.

And if life gives you bricks, you heave them through plate glass windows.  Have you ever done that, Alty?  It's great fun...It makes a horrible Goddamn noise, and the people inside run around like rats in a firestorm.  I have always advocated this sort of thing.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Oysters Rockefeller

This thread is all class. Love the imagery behind trying to beat down a wall until you're just beating each others fists.

I haven't heard a lot about discordian infighting until now, but I gotta say...infighting isn't exclusive to any movement/religion/bunch of idiots on the internet. I mean, how many sects of christianity are there? And they all think the others are going to Hell?

Fighting is human. Not fighting is a good idea, too.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Triple Zero

We're Discordians. If we can't do strife better than everybody else then really, what are we?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 26, 2012, 11:26:08 PM
We're Discordians. If we can't do strife better than everybody else then really, what are we?

You make a persuasive arguement.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on February 27, 2012, 06:26:23 AM

You make a persuasive arguement.

Sorry, yeah I could have been more offensive and confrontational about it.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

THAT'S JUST WHAT I EXPECTED FROM A FAX FIEND LIKE YOU MR

navkat

Oy, vey...

wlfjstr

Discordians?

Or is this a trick question?

Triple Zero

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS