News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret on March 31, 2015, 06:08:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 31, 2015, 02:10:57 AM
I think I may have found my subfield.

http://www.academia.edu/5345332/Microbial_Genes_Brain_and_Behaviour_-_Epigenetic_Regulation_of_the_Gut-Brain_Axis

Research in this arena is sure to continue apace as I work on my PhD, opening significant space for investigating potential GE microbe therapies for mood and cognitive disorders, thus merging all of my interests.
downloading and pinting for later reading.
Now I'm registered for an academic site as an independent researcher!

Haha, yay!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sooooo

for some reason, professors from two of my four classes have decided that it's completely reasonable to give homework with a two-day timeline the first week of classes.

I don't mind getting an assignment the first week. What I mind is the presumption that I have NOTHING ELSE AT ALL to do, let alone three other classes, in a two-day span.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm having myself a fine old freak-out over the fact that I haven't had my 2015 scholarship renewal approved yet.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 10, 2015, 07:07:38 AM
I'm having myself a fine old freak-out over the fact that I haven't had my 2015 scholarship renewal approved yet.
Ouch, (you will be fine.)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The financial aid liaison still hasn't replied to my email from Wednesday, either.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Cain

Instead of studying, I've been learning how to mod, so I can entirely eliminate Frostbite spiders from any future game of Skyrim I play.

I feel this is a valuable use of my spare time.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on April 10, 2015, 11:58:28 PM
Instead of studying, I've been learning how to mod, so I can entirely eliminate Frostbite spiders from any future game of Skyrim I play.

Figure out how to mod them into IRL.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

That's easy.  All you need is a dog, some furs, and some tree branches, paint them white, and then tie them to the dog. Instant Frostbite Spider!

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on April 11, 2015, 03:04:58 AM
That's easy.  All you need is a dog, some furs, and some tree branches, paint them white, and then tie them to the dog. Instant Frostbite Spider!

That kid was an asshole. :lulz:

Cain

If you kill his parents, you can adopt him.

And then Fus Ro Dah him off a cliff.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 10, 2015, 11:58:28 PM

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, as absolutely much as I am glad I went to Borneo and feel incredibly fortunate about getting to go, the lack of a break between terms seems to have sapped my enthusiasm for school.

I just don't have the fire in me this term.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 13, 2015, 06:11:28 PM
So, as absolutely much as I am glad I went to Borneo and feel incredibly fortunate about getting to go, the lack of a break between terms seems to have sapped my enthusiasm for school.

I just don't have the fire in me this term.

Sounds like you're worn to a nub.
Molon Lube