News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

HAW HAW HAW HAW!

Started by Doktor Howl, August 22, 2010, 07:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

On their about page:

QuoteOur mission is clear: to entertain, engage, and enlighten Americans who are looking for content that reflects and reinforces their perspective and worldview.

Har!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

President Television

Quote from: Nast on August 22, 2010, 08:45:06 PM
On their about page:

QuoteOur mission is clear: to entertain, engage, and enlighten Americans who are looking for content that reflects and reinforces their perspective and worldview.

Har!

:horrormirth: They actually come right out and say it.  :horrormirth:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Adios

Amazing. The OP is incredibly terrifying to anyone who loves liberty and this thread is now about teevee.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Nast on August 22, 2010, 08:27:11 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 22, 2010, 08:18:53 PM
Welcome to the brave new world, where you can everything, except privacy and justice.

Somehow I prefer the grimy old world, where you at least had some room to breathe.

Nowadays you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a product placement or newsletter. I can't imagine what it would be like having your every eyeball movement tracked by marketing companies.

I'm pretty sure marketers watch very carefully what people look at while you're on their private property, shopping.

Now they'll just have tons more information to connect with these observations.

You know, to make their stores more "relevant" and "satisfying."
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

President Television

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 22, 2010, 09:10:56 PM
Amazing. The OP is incredibly terrifying to anyone who loves liberty and this thread is now about teevee.

Shit, you're right. It's horrifying. Horrifying and predictable.

I wonder about the rights of the blind in a society using this iris scanner system. Everyone else would be oppressed, sure, but how well would someone with cataracts fare? Or someone missing their eyes? As horrible as a heavily security-focused society is, it's even worse if you require the possession of a body part just to enter or leave your own house. This stinks of Darwinism.

EDIT: I suppose the eyeless would simply have to opt out by default. And become second-class citizens. Everything about this is wrong. There's absolutely no justification.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 22, 2010, 08:12:33 PM
Quote from: Jenne on August 22, 2010, 08:10:48 PM
O my.  Well, they can't all be liberal Demos, I guess...

John Lovitz is now a teabagger.  He's also stopped being funny.  Just like Dennis Miller.

Not a coincidence.

that is factually incorrect.

He was never funny to begin with.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Wizard

Well, shit. Wonder how long until they ship this tech up to the states.

Little by little, the world becomes a William Gibson novel.  Welcome to dystopia.
Insanity we trust.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 23, 2010, 12:52:58 AM

Little by little, the world becomes a William Gibson novel.  Welcome to dystopia.

It's gonna be RFID chips.  Mark my words.  They're far more versatile.
Molon Lube

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2010, 12:53:50 AM

They also cant be bypassed by a pair of sunglasses.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kingderp on August 23, 2010, 01:03:58 AM

They also cant be bypassed by a pair of sunglasses.

True, but sunglasses can be clubbed off your face, so that's not really a deciding issue.
Molon Lube

The Wizard

QuoteIt's gonna be RFID chips.  Mark my words.  They're far more versatile.

Agreed, but this shit'll do fine in the interim. I just wish they'd go ahead and start doing the cybernetic implants. I want my cyber arms.
Insanity we trust.

Adios

One day we will all be infected injected with a chip at birth.

BabylonHoruv

Assuming they come up with something along these lines, were are convicted shoplifters supposed to shop?  Currently they only get banned from the stores they shoplifted from.  Default removal of right to engage in commerce seems awfully stiff punishment for a misdemeanor.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Requia ☣

I think you're right, but not because of the versatility, but because we are apparently hellbent on having the worst security possible.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 23, 2010, 01:15:08 AM
Assuming they come up with something along these lines, were are convicted shoplifters supposed to shop?  Currently they only get banned from the stores they shoplifted from.  Default removal of right to engage in commerce seems awfully stiff punishment for a misdemeanor.

as I read it, they aren't bared from entering a store because of a shoplifting conviction at another store, just flagged for intense scrutiny.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"