News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

POSTERGASM: Calvin Ball Edition

Started by Cramulus, July 17, 2008, 03:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

It's been a while since we've had some new posters, no?

This is a brainstorm thread for the upcoming CALVINBALL poster pack.

The theme here is
-imposing / removing rules in public spaces
-creating the illusion (or reality!) that the reader is in the middle of a game

(we'll also include some miscellaneous meme bombs and fun stuff)

Please toss out any and all ideas. Discussion of ideas will lead to new and better ones. Then we'll make a sexy PDF.

(other calvinball comics located here, by the way)

[Official looking poster sporting a homeland security logo]
This is a designated area approved for cellular phone use

Do not step on cracks in this zone

You are being followed. Tag him before he tags you for +5 points.

If you stand in this spot long enough, you will see some very strange things.

Tell someone about this poster
+5 points

Congratulations! You've found Clue #3! The man in the green jacket will tell you what to do next.

Congradulations! You've found Clue #5! The man smoking a cigarette will tell you what to do next.

+5 points for putting up a new poster within 100 feet of this one

All the winners from the last game get to start off knowing this game's rules.
If you don't know the rules, do your best to figure them out.

Triple Zero

AWESOME  :mrgreen::mrgreen:

i live for this shit. really, tinkering with "the rules" is something i've done all my life (and quite possibly the reason why i never was any good at playing sports).

okay, i told you about the GASM Businesscard idea I had, right? I'm going to incorporate this with that. right after i'm done posting a thread about that idea for the rest of the class.

(hold on)

back.

so i have a bunch of cardboard cards here, that i got from the supermarket (they're the cards you can write your personal ads on, but the backsides are blank, so they're very useful for being generic cards).

i'll write these things on it a couple of times and then come up with some new stuff, and leave it around at places or something.

i'm kind of tempted scribbling an URL or some kind of short phrase/codeword on these cards. got any ideas?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cramulus

:mittens:

but shouldn't the bottom line be "You may use your cellular device-"?

or should the whole sign be opposite
"CELL PHONE USAGE FORBIDDEN IN THIS ZONE"

tyrannosaurus vex

no. "type B" cell phone use is "no use at all"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rumckle

Hmm, how about an official looking sign, like the cellphone one that says:
This is federal property, any unauthorised persons found trespassing will be detained

Or something similar, placed at entrances to parks, malls, etc
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Cainad (dec.)

Designated Sneeze Target

Sneeze on this sign for +12 points!

Cramulus

pretty good so far.

It might help to think about what rules and games are already taking place on the street.

-1 Points for Checking Out a Cute Ass within 100 feet of this sign.

This is an Eye Contact zone. Make eye contact with everyone you see within 100 feet of this sign.

You are only allowed to pass this sign once per day. When you come back this way, you must take a different route.

Daruko

Triple Zero

this is an official WIN thread. +7 points for everyone that posts a good idea ITT.

;-)

i still like my idea of using small cardboard cards with these rules, but i want a sort of overall connecting thing to it, like a (google-able) keyword or an URL. anybody got any ideas or do i need to grind over this and get original all by myself? ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

fomenter

"in the interest of national security please remove shoes before entering " DHS (official logo)

for the entrances to bathrooms, waiting rooms etc in security conscious public buildings (airports gov offices ...)
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

tyrannosaurus vex

tyrannosaurus vex

Cramulus

I love the combonation of Official Homeland Security layout with obvious silly game activities!